jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Could Bill Cosby use laughter and a smiling run for the Presidency to get out of

1. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 2 years ago

Could Bill Cosby use laughter and a smiling run for the Presidency to get out of his legal problems?

It seems to be a viable tactic, and who knows, he might even get elected!
    Yes, this is an insulting question, but it would not be the first time someone has hidden personal greed and other serious personal failings of judgment behind their own phoney persona.

2. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 2 years ago

I know we were all flabbergasted and disbelieving when the news finally broke because most women (and men) thought it was just a bimbo eruption, as have happened to other celebrities from women seeking money. However when the real excrement hit the fan and he could no longer deny the accusations, the reality of what kind of character this man really had set in. I don't believe that with today's knowledge of date rape drugs, rape and sexual abuse, many people would be willing to forgive him and put him into an office of authority. Even a man can relate to what he finally admitted that he had done by imagining their daughter, sister, or even wife, in his clutches.
    There is no comparison to the "bimbo eruptions" of Bill Clinton's day. His affairs were with consenting women who were alert to what they were doing, not females drugged into unconsciousness.
    Cosby's alleged victims were both black and white, so racism can't be used as an excuse not to forgive him and elevate him back to "America's favorite dad" or run him for political office. It is a crying shame that this happened because he had a message worth listening to, and he was getting his message across to both races. But I truly believe he is toast.

3. Shyron E Shenko profile image80
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 2 years ago

Yes! Like Chris Christie's Bridge Gate, Like Rick Perry; Like George W. Bush (who was elected); like Scott Walker? 
    I am surprised that Oliver North does not run, but he was only convicted of selling arms to the enemy, so he was given his own show. 
    Another surprise is Tom DeLay, he had his conviction overturned by buying his was out of his Gerrymandering business.
    It would not surprise me if he Cosby ran for office.

A lot of men would vote for Mr. Cosby. Especially the ones who think they have a right to have any woman they want.

1. Perspycacious profile image82
      Perspycaciousposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I suspect Oliver North was also swayed by the rare air at the top.  He accepted to serve on a committee to discuss suspending the Constitution he had sworn to protect and defend at the risk of his life

2. Shyron E Shenko profile image80
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Although Reagan claims that the arms sales were to a "moderate" faction of Iranians, the Walsh Iran/Contra Report states that the arms sales were "to Iran" itself.

4. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

OMG!  What a HORRENDOUS thought, Perspy!  So far, it appears I'm the only person I'm aware of who got creepy vibes from Cosby from day one.  I never liked him, his comedy or HIM in general.  I actually saw something seedy & creepy about him.   He obviously had a screw loose his entire career.   His serious offenses go beyond abuse...directly to egregious & criminal.
    The number & variety of his victims has grown like wild fire!  I hope that having exposed him will be enough for these women to be able to put their emotional and mental damage behind them to some degree.
    Both "BILLs"  (Cosby & Clinton) give meaning to the name "Creepy Bill"
    Both wives ALSO, give meaning to the terms, deaf, dumb, blind and plain stupid.  HOW do they sit across the breakfast table from these slime bags?  Yuk!   Proof that MONEY buys anything and everything!

5. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Nothing would surprise me in this run for Presidency.I think if Cosby wanted to run he should have done it 10 years ago and would have won in a landslide (being America's most popular TV dad).
    It's too late now. He's just lucky he is in the USA or he'd be in prison like Rolf Harris.

6. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 2 years ago

Perhaps. That particular method seems to be working for Hilary quite well. I only say this because your question isn't really about Cosby.  Rather, it is about what the public chooses to believe----despite the law and despite common decency.

working