jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you believe that the recent allegations against Bill Cosby are true or do you

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Do you believe that the recent allegations against Bill Cosby are true or do you maintain that these

women brought the allegations for monetary gain?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12072757_f260.jpg

2. Kiss andTales profile image80
    Kiss andTalesposted 3 years ago

I believe something is wrong and people are jumping on the bandwagon of money or opportunity.
    I believe somebody has real aligations. But they waited to long to bring the truth out. They have a need for money , now they have been holding this Ace card for a long time and need to use it.
    And and he has enough money to buy lawyers to  pay off the ones that are telling the truth.
    He has a weakness, and the ones that know now want to get paid .

3. lyndapringle profile image71
    lyndapringleposted 3 years ago

Is Bill Cosby a serial rapist or this a supposed liberal conspiracy to malign a man who has espoused conservative values for his race? read more

4. Baby-Boomer-58 profile image87
    Baby-Boomer-58posted 3 years ago

Why would you ask such a question? It is not possible for anyone who is not actively involved to know whether or not the allegations are true.

I think it would be ridiculous for anyone to 'maintain' the motivation of the women was monetary gain (implying there is no truth in their claims).

I believe this question is entirely inappropriate. Who are we to judge Cosby or the women involved - without being presented with all the facts?

5. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

At first I thought, another pissed off woman looking for money and making it harder for real abuse victims to come forward. Then I started actively following the story.
    Looking at the big picture, when it comes to false allegations, statistics show that typically only 2% of them are false. Also it is common when a rape victim comes forward, for them to request if other people believe they are a victim to come forward also. This is especially true in cases where the accused is a famous person such as the Sandusky case or the Stephan Collins case. So multiple victims coming forward after a fist victim does is not uncommon.
    With that said, I will not assume all of the women are out for money. It may be the only thing they can get out of this with it being so many years out though. It's better to get a "guilty" type verdict in civil court, than in no court. Since none of us have 100% of the facts the only assumptions we can make are based on statistics and previous cases. That leads me to believe there is some truth to the issue. There are close to 20 women involved in this. I doubt they are all lying.

6. flpalermo profile image60
    flpalermoposted 3 years ago

His Sin finally found him out. He should have admitted his error and repented from continuing in it.
    We all have sinned in our lives (whenever we walk according to the god of this world) and were children of disobedience to the way of righteousness, which is defined by the Law of God: the ten commandments.
    Admitting Sins from the past and repenting from continuing in them is acceptable with God for God forgives OLD Sins, not the new ones you are planning for the future right now (2 Peter 1:9).

7. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

It appears there is something to it. While I'm uncertain that every woman who has stepped forward is telling the truth odds are not (all) 24 of them are lying! However as Bill's attorney continues to point out; what are the odds that (every single one of these women) would keep it to themselves for 20, 30, and 40 years? 
    Not even Beverly Johnson and Janice Dickenson who already had fame and money came forward.
    If these allegations are true then every woman who kept her mouth shut in some way made it possible for him to continue raping other women for decades. People thought Hilary Clinton was crazy for "standing by her man" as well as congressman Anthony Weiner's wife for sticking with him. However both of them pale in comparison to how dedicated and loyal Camille Cosby has been.
    I imagine very few people could lay next to someone every night and completely ignore these allegations and not have a single doubt. At the very least you'd think she'd suspect him of cheating.

working