Isn't the decline of the US the result of all those Professional Politicians?

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

Isn't the decline of the US the result of all those Professional Politicians?

There is a lot of talk about candidates needing to have political experience, and yet there was a congress and a president full of that political experience, and they are the ones that allowed the wheels of the bus to fall off.

Today, being an incumbent or someone with a resume containing decades of political experience can only be viewed as a negative, when compared with the decline of the US, and 2008. Politicians have become synonymous with Humpty Dumpty

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12721272_f260.jpg

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

I think there has to be a balance. Do you want someone with no experience running a bank or even a restaurant? I want someone with enough experience to not be a bumbling fool but not so brainwashed to have lost touch with the people. The problem with my thought is that the ideal candidate would be someone in their 30's who got into politics right out of college, but also has held a job in the real world.
    My ideal candidate would never get elected because we don't elect young people as president.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
      bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

My point is that the country has failed with professional politicians. There main problem is that they have to work within in the confines of a system that just doesn't work We need a paradigm shift in politics, that means breaking party lines

Closed to reply

working