jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Do you think Donald Trump can survive the Clinton machine ?

1. mio cid profile image45
    mio cidposted 2 years ago

Do you think Donald Trump can survive the Clinton machine ?

What do you think the Clinton machine will do to Donald Trump if he is the GOP candidate for 2016 ?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image34
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

Is this the same Clinton machine that failed so badly in 2008?

1. mio cid profile image45
      mio cidposted 2 years agoin reply to this

If you remember correctly Al Gore made the huge mistake of running away from the Clintons as far and as fast as he could in 2008 and even so the election came so close it could have gone either way .So I think your comment doesn't apply.

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

mio cid, I have to tell you that any candidate who can't win their own state doesn't deserve to be president. If Al Core had won his home state of TN he would have gotten elected. Clinton won TN both times her ran.
      Ted Kennedy anointed Obama.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image34
      bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hillary Clinton didn't eve make it past the democrat convention, the wheels fell off the Clinton Machine

3. nicomp profile image68
    nicompposted 2 years ago

The Clinton Machine had a charismatic candidate in 1992. Now the machine is stuck with Hillary.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Trump first has to win the Republican party nomination.
    If he can survive the RNC machine that would be the real test.
    It's pretty hard for any candidate to win their party's nomination when it's leadership is against them. If he survives that it will be a miracle.
    Most of the red and blue states are fairly set in a general election. The only thing left up for grabs are the few "swing states"
    It won't be the "Clinton Machine" but his performances in the one on one debates with Hillary that convince those voters to vote one way or the other. High voter turnout generally favors Democrats.
    I suspect having the first woman presidential candidate will bring out a lot of people in addiction to having Bill stomp for her.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

If by 'Clinton machine' you mean the general election, then no, he wouldn't survive it. Trump can't keep his foot out of his mouth, so by the time election day rolls around he will have offended even the core base of republicans.

1. nicomp profile image68
      nicompposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Obama put his foot in his mouth repeatedly but he got elected twice. Trump will be OK.

2. mio cid profile image45
      mio cidposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I mean general election,Bill and Hill who are a tag team  are praying every day to run against Trump.

working