jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

To Moderates & Conservatives out there, what perplexes you regarding the extreme

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

To Moderates & Conservatives out there, what perplexes you regarding the extremely liberal, even

leftist attitudes & policies regarding the poor in America?  Do you also believe that the poor have been deified in America & that their behavior have been rewarded?  What is YOUR solution regarding the problem of the poor in America? Give analytical answers please.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8495939_f260.jpg

2. tmbridgeland profile image82
    tmbridgelandposted 2 years ago

What perplexes me? Why liberal policies always seem to lead to greater stratification of society into winners and losers, so you end up with a thin cream of super-rich on top and a vast class of the very poor, and liberals don't seem to care. Detroit was a rich city, until liberals took it over and drove it into a wall.

1. Gordon Wright profile image75
      Gordon Wrightposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Actually, this is the norm throughout human history. The worst you can say about liberalism in this regard is it does nothing to prevent it, and may prevent practical solutions being implemented.

2. tmbridgeland profile image82
      tmbridgelandposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi Gordon. I'd say the worst, is that liberalism seems to actually cause this, that this is the actual desired effect that top liberals want to achieve. If liberals do NOT want this, then why do they keep on doing it, over and over again?

3. Gordon Wright profile image75
    Gordon Wrightposted 2 years ago

I grew up poor. Poverty is very complex. People who offer simplistic solutions have no appreciation for how complex it is.

working