jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think that once Ethan Couch is caught that he should undergo the maximum

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Do you think that once Ethan Couch is caught that he should undergo the maximum amount

of imprisonment?  Why?  Why not?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12436643_f260.jpg

2. lisavollrath profile image98
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

I think they should finally throw the book at the guy. He should have his parole revoked and go to jail. He should serve the 10 years in prison for violating parole on the original crime, and then he and his mother should be charged with every crime that can stick for fleeing to Mexico.

But then, I think he should have gone to jail for the original crime, rather than getting probation. The whole "oh, gee, I'm too rich to take responsibility" defense didn't set well with most people in Tarrant County, where I live, and where the original traffic fatalities took place.

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

He killed 4 people.  He should face the same punishment as anyone else.  He obviously is behaving like an entitled brat with no sense of remorse.  He needs to go away and if they haven't already, that family needs to pay restitution to the surviving family members until they bleed.  I lost someone to a drunk who couldn't control himself and I have no sympathy for it, none. If you're old enough to drive, you're old enough to know better and old enough to face the consequences for your actions.  "Affluenza".. what a crock.  If it had been a working class kid he'd have been in prison.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Of course, Christin.  If he was a lower middle, working, or poor kid, he would have been tried AS AN ADULT, not a juvenile & incarcerated to the maximum.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 2 years ago

I think for possibly the first time in his life he should face the consequences of his actions - no more or less than anyone else in his circumstances.

But they should throw the book at that set of parents - both of them.

working