jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

I once caught a fishing pole off a pier in Florida! What is the strangest thing

1. nifty@50 profile image73
    nifty@50posted 7 years ago

I once caught a fishing pole off a pier in Florida! What is the strangest thing you've caught...

fishing?

2. SteveoMc profile image73
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

I once caught the fisherman on the other side of the boat.   We struggled for some time trying to reel each other in.  Finally the line broke and the other fisherman hauled in my gear.   Thank you very much.

3. silverfoxygirl108 profile image74
    silverfoxygirl108posted 7 years ago

An eel. It was pretty gross because it got itself all tangled up in the line.

4. Gerber Ink profile image83
    Gerber Inkposted 7 years ago

Technically, I didn't catch this but a local fisherman did.... I was working at the county coroner's office (near Lake Ontario) and someone "caught" part of someone's leg, complete with a foot.  No one claimed it, which seems odd since I would think the owner, or the family of this person, would be looking for it!

5. SiltMMO profile image57
    SiltMMOposted 7 years ago

I once caught 2 squid with a regular fishing lure to this day i still have no idea how their tentacles would have snagged. Also i once caught a boot, cartoon-like i know but it happens.

6. Mikeydoes profile image77
    Mikeydoesposted 7 years ago

I honestly caught a bra in a pass in Florida. My brother caught a little eel as well off of Naples Pier.

7. LillyGrillzit profile image78
    LillyGrillzitposted 7 years ago

It nearly put me off fishin'. When I was a wee lass, we went to a Trout Pond where I caught a young trout by the tail.

It nearly had the whole family in the drink! We were on shore.

If you ever catch a big fish by the tail, cut your line. Let go.

I did catch a bit of a rig, with a better hook and weight than I had. Thanks

working