What are you doing to celebrate MLK day?

1. jackclee lm profile image82
    jackclee lmposted 2 years ago

What are you doing to celebrate MLK day?

MLK had a great impact on race relations and human rights in America. In 2016, we seem to have taken a step backwards. What are you doing to help keep his message alive? We should judge a person by the content of his character, not by the color of his skin...

2. davidlivermore profile image97
    davidlivermoreposted 2 years ago

I'll copy and paste what I posted in the forums about this...

Unfortunately like a lot of people I treated today as a holiday where I had a day off work.  I didn't realize it was MLK Jr. day until recently, probably like I do each year.

Even though this holiday has no significant cultural significance to me, it did remind me of something.  I was watching one of the old Star Trek movies today and Nichelle Nichols came on screen.  I remember a story where Nichelle was close to leaving Star Trek, but MLK was a huge fan of her part in Star Trek and asked her to keep at it, which kept her on the show.

I read more about the impact her part caused.  MLK inspired a lot of people and in a way he impacted my life, so I thank him for all he did.

So I celebrated this day by watching a show he liked, with an actress who showed equality on TV.

1. jackclee lm profile image82
      jackclee lmposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing and being honest.

Closed to reply

working