jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What makes female reproductive freedom a matter of INTRUSIVE CONCERN to many con

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What makes female reproductive freedom a matter of INTRUSIVE CONCERN to many conservative,

retrogressive & rightist politicians, not to mention conservative, dogmatic, fundamentalist, & traditional religionists?

2. Besarien profile image86
    Besarienposted 2 years ago

There are some religious people who want to impose their beliefs on everybody else. If they are Muslims those people want everyone to live under Sharia law. If they are Christians they want everyone to obey the Bible however they see it. These people might say they believe in religious freedom but what they mean is "their own religious right" to tell other people how to live and what to think.

I'm a Christian. My Christianity informs my own personal decisions. I don't try to force other people to be Christians. I would not get an abortion even if my own life was significantly in danger. However that is MY choice. Every woman should have the choice to do what she thinks best according to her own beliefs. Women, people in general, should be free to be the ultimate and only authority over their own bodies. The government should not interfere. Neither should other people, religious or not.

Critics will say "It takes two to make a child." Since when? It takes one, and that one is a man willing to force himself on a woman. They say, "It's murder." when they have no problems with murder in other circumstances- war, self-defense, the death penalty, bombing a country to make a point, stand your ground, or just letting our own people die in the streets because they are poor. They say, "only if a woman's life is at risk" knowing full well women still die in childbirth or due to complications or infection soon after. It is ALWAYS a risk! They say "only when there is rape." when rape goes unreported for good reason. Even when a woman does report rape she is not believed, or if they do believe her, nothing gets done. Heaven forfend it is someone wealthy or famous.

I believe the person who can best judge, the circumstances, risks, and repercussions is the person who will be held accountable- the woman herself. If God wants to punish her, then God will. Everybody else needs to butt out.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
      bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Abortions based on rape, and incest are a very low % of the abortions. I think abortions for those reasons should be done early in the first trimester. Medical problems are also a good reason for abortions. But as the preg goes into 2nd 3rd Tri ????

2. Besarien profile image86
      Besarienposted 2 years agoin reply to this

"Abortions based on rape, and incest are a very low % of the abortions." You know this how? Because all rape and incest is reported? It isn't. Rape is grossly unreported in America. Incest is likely less often reported than rape.