In the process of democratic government, the secret ballot is one of, if not THE

1. jonnycomelately profile image83
    jonnycomelatelyposted 2 years ago

In the process of democratic government, the secret ballot is one of, if not THE  most valuable tool

Without the Secret Ballot, you and I are deprived of our right to make the UN-inhibited choice of whom we want to govern us.
    Without the carefully guarded right of the Secret Ballot, tyrants and bullies can rule. 
    So, why should you, I, the media, anyone, seek to find out what anyone else has voted, EXCEPT by assessing majority vote via the Ballot Box?

In many instances, here in Australia, we have seen representatives of the mass media, standing outside the Voting Venue, seeking to ask individuals what they voted.

There reason, if we want to be honest, is only to increase their viewers.

2. Kylyssa profile image94
    Kylyssaposted 2 years ago

I think that a lot of people feel they can't wait to know which way the election has gone. I can wait because I know that exit polls are not 100% accurate, plus there might be another election where conservatives dispute the count and it could take weeks to know the real winners and losers.

When the stakes are high, it may be harder for people to wait. The stakes are quite high in the United States this year.

I've been asked to take an exit poll only a few times and I've never done it. I barely trust all the people involved in the official election bit who have all the rules to follow and all the privacy protections in place; there's no way I'm going to trust some random people outside asking how I voted.

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

Freedom of speech and association are equally important, because if you cannot freely discuss ideas and concepts and problems, you don't know who to vote for or why to vote against something.

working