jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Why are there always so many leading, whiney, stupid questions topping the 'Reli

1. Misfit Chick profile image72
    Misfit Chickposted 2 years ago

Why are there always so many leading, whiney, stupid questions topping the 'Religion' category?

These are the top 5 hubs:
    What if it was proven that there is NO God?
    Should atheists keep quiet and not speak out against religion?
    What is the difference between being religious and being a Christian? (probably a valid one)
    Why are atheists so brave when questioning Christianity, but crap themselves when it comes to Islam?
    Why do Christians hate Atheists so much? sad

1) Most of these questions have already been asked in HP in various ways
    2) Shouldn't all top-5 hubs actually be about religions instead of passive-agressive accusations? I'm guilty too, but know they don't belong on top

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12882495_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 2 years ago

The reason for this is because religion fascinates people, mostly Christianity, and this goes for Atheists and Christians alike.  People like to discuss and debate, and it is fun.  More fun than other topics, I guess, though politics is also a good one.  But what else is there to talk about?  What kind of pie do you like to eat?  Who wants to talk about that?  What's your favorite color?  Boring!  Remember, these questions are only stupid and whiny to you.  I like them.

Misfit Chickposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wow. You have a strange idea of what a question is or should be.

3. peachpurple profile image84
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

everyone is looking for different answer, different religion with different opinion, so stupid questions pop out

I agree that stupid questions will pop out; but why are they always the ones that are featured on top? I really think 'real hubs' should be on the list instead of these kinds of questions that are asked to cause arguments, not civilized discussions.

4. profile image0
    David Bucknerposted 2 years ago

Honestly I was just about about to ask this question right before I saw that you wrote it. I have no idea why it seems like saturate the questions, it's pretty annoying. It's also annoying that most of the religious questions are asked in a way that demeans religion, which is childish and pointless if you actually want an answer from both sides. I agree, & I wish people had better things to ask than the last guy.

Yes, I couldn't put my finger on it - but that is exactly what seems happens: the questions argue with each other indirectly, in a passive-agressive way. That is pretty funny when you think about it. Perhaps top questions should not be 'recent' ones.

working