jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Did the pope say Trump is not christian because he does not want illegal aliens

1. iggy7117 profile image79
    iggy7117posted 2 years ago

Did the pope say Trump is not christian because he does not want illegal aliens in the county?

I am christian and I don't want them here. My family migrated here 6 generations ago, they done it legally. I am not against people coming legally and participating in paying taxes like the rest of us. Did the pope say this and why is he getting into politics?

2. Austinstar profile image86
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

Here is the actual quote:
    "A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian. This is not the gospel," the Pope told journalists who asked his opinion on Trump's proposals to halt illegal immigration.
    Why don't you ask the question from facts instead of opinion?

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

The Pope is ignoring the verses that those who do not take care of their own family are worse than an unbeliever and the admonishment to take care of the poor in your own gates first before the foreigner.
    We have an obligation to take care of the millions of Americans out of work and in poverty before we take care of Mexico's.
    And Mexico is pretty ungrateful about us taking in 10-15 million of their illegal immigrants and paying for the education, medical care and food for most of their children. They should be thanking us for the people we have taken care of both through charity and welfare and employment, not acting entitled to sending a few million more.

1. Michaela Osiecki profile image79
      Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It's interesting that you are assuming that "Mexico" is 'sending' people over, and not seeing them as people running away from a nation ruled by poverty, violence, and drug cartels.

4. Michaela Osiecki profile image79
    Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years ago

Let us not forget that the first white settlers came here as illegal immigrants, treated the already established nations/tribes as less than human, where they then proceeded to spend the next hundred or so years systematically slaughtering them and stealing their land.

Turnabout is fair play, and maybe a mass wave of immigration should do exactly the same thing to us now.

5. Ken Burgess profile image89
    Ken Burgessposted 2 years ago

That is the way of the world... a man who lives in a walled castle and is treated better than any king, chastises others for wanting to build a wall to protect their home and their jobs and way of life.

The richest and most educated of Americans are the ones who chastise those who want to protect their neighborhoods and jobs and way of life, they believe they have a more enlightened perspective and they literally despise those 'lower educated' and 'blue collar' types who have such limited perspectives as to want to try and preserve their jobs and their opportunity and their way of life.

I have in-laws that are highly intelligent one works for Harvard, the other MIT, they are Jewish, and they can't get enough of Obama, the guy can do no wrong even though he got in bed with Iran, has helped to create total social/governmental collapse in the nations all around Israel (Libya, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, etc.) ... there is no way to comprehend the irrationality and inability of people to see what is right in front of them.

It's why the Nazi's were able to round up the Jews so easily and march them off to the camps with hardly a cry in protest until it was to late, for many, reality could hit them in the face with the butt of a rifle and they still wouldn't see it.