What's your nickname?

1. VationSays profile image81
    VationSaysposted 24 months ago

What's your nickname?

Just watched a guy get tagged the name "Ramrod". Got me thinking- a nickname describes how the world (especially friends) see you. So what's yours?

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 24 months ago

Never had one, never let anyone give me one.

3. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 24 months ago

I never really had one probably because my name never has really lent itself to a nickname. I've been called lots of things: Freckles, Shorty, Shrimp, Speedy, but none of them stuck probably because a few of them earned the caller a kick in the shin. If someone had come up with a cute nickname, I might have liked it because I never liked my name.
    Many of my friends had nicknames: Patty, Pat, Peggy,Polly,  Bobby, Johnny, Jake, , etc. that were derived from their names, but I wouldn't tolerate Rosie, either (from my middle name). I had a high school boyfriend named Buddy, and that was his real name, not a nickname, weirdly enough.
    I've noticed today that parents are not calling their children by the short version. Today they are Thomas, Richard, and Harold, not Tom, Dick and Harry. I think that is too stilted. I asked one woman if she ever went by Jenny, and she said, "No, Jenny is a mule, I'm Jennifer." I told her that Jenny was not a mule but an ass, but I would call her Jennifer if she preferred.

working