jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

How can we stop having to choose between two evils when voting for USA president

1. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 23 months ago

How can we stop having to choose between two evils when voting for USA president?

For decades, disaffected Americans have been trudging to the polls and voting for the lesser of two evils.  Americans have confirmed the lesser evil principle. Americans have determined as a society that whatever evils may result from a disliked president, legislator or judge, those evils are not nearly as great as the evils that result from revolution. Please suggest anything to improve USA other than a violent revolution.  Any thoughts please!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12920550_f260.jpg

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
    bradmasterOCcalposted 23 months ago

You don't seem to want an answer
    My answer is don't become a loyal party voter, and demand better candidates. Do this by not voting based on party loyalty.

ptosisposted 23 months agoin reply to this

All my life I've been doing a protest vote with third parties

3. LoliHey profile image55
    LoliHeyposted 23 months ago

As of right now, the fat lady is in the dressing room, warming up her voice before she stands on stage and sings.  It may a wrap for us.  If we cannot get a great leader, we will collapse like the Roman Empire, and we will be at the mercy of countries like Russia.

I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic;

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 23 months ago

The only thing in this world you can change to make the world better is yourself. So, there is no point in worrying about what anyone else is doing, or the state of the nation. Try being the change you want to see in the world.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
      bradmasterOCcalposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Wow, am I at woodstock?

2. LoliHey profile image55
      LoliHeyposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Peace, man!

5. profile image59
    peter565posted 23 months ago

Living in Australia, I can say, US have it much better of then Aus. Australia use parlimentary system, that mean, you must first be elected as a member of the lower house of congress (we call it a parliment here) the member of congress are split into left and right side of the house, each side elect a leader, the leader of the side with more congressman, would be the Prime Minister. This mean, unlike the US, Australia can only have 2 candidates, US can have more then 2 candidate if it want (just, it isn't happening right now), in the US, anybody can run for President, in Australia, that isn't the case. Thus, Australia is way more likely to find itself in a position of having to choose between less of 2 evil, then the US.

Aw shoots, that sucks  royally.

2. profile image59
      peter565posted 23 months agoin reply to this

Some evidence suggest, if Australia don't reform, within 20~30 years, it would become a 2nd world country. We had two continue bad Prime Minister and the current Prime Minsiter, although good,can do very little, due to risk of been remove from power.

3. ptosis profile image81

Worry about my own country going tits up also.

4. profile image59
      peter565posted 23 months agoin reply to this

Well at least the US have it better, it can have as many candidate as it want and anybody who is a US citizen by birth can run for President

working