jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What are the TEN steps that Black Americans as a group to become more socioecono

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 23 months ago

What are the TEN steps that Black Americans as a group to become more socioeconomically

powerful & relevant in order to become more socio-politically influential? Dr. Claud Anderson(Black American)maintained that other groups in America are becoming socio-politically powerful because they form a cohesive socioeconomic base which Black Americans are lacking.Dr. Anderson further indicated that Black Americans aren't concentrating on strengthening their socioeconomic base but are concentrating on minor political issues resulting in their powerless.Dr. Anderson maintain that if Black Americans don't get themselves together socioeconomically, they will become a permanent underclass.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7949108_f260.jpg

2. LoliHey profile image55
    LoliHeyposted 23 months ago

I think perhaps they should stop seeing themselves as victims.  They should oust idiots like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson who only want to keep them down, and make money for themselves.  They should also concentrate on maintaining family values, and men should take care of their women when they get pregnant.  They should also respect each other and stop referring to themselves as n-----'s and b!tches.  They should try to speak proper English and value education.

I am NOT saying all African Americans are this way, because I know many who aren't.  However, enough of them are that this is an issue.  I am also not saying that Blacks are the only racial group that act like this, but this question was referring to them.

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 23 months ago

Close the marriage gap and reduce the illegitimacy rate, which will improve net worth and decrease crime.
    Severely punish the black kids that assault other black kids for "acting white" when they get As, want to go into upper middle class career paths like dentistry or accounting or speaking proper English. You can't blame whites when black kids beat up other black kids for getting good grades or doing extracurriculars other than sports and music and then wonder why kids aren't ready for college or academically rigorous careers.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Exactly, there are so many things that Black Americans do to themselves to impede their educational & socioeconomic progress.  These are the Black Americans who have a poverty mindset which their negative behavior corresponds to.

2. Tusitala Tom profile image61
      Tusitala Tomposted 23 months agoin reply to this

In Australia this 'pulling peers down' is known as 'The tall poppy syndrome.'  Cut 'em down to size.  It stems from a fear of being conceived as 'not as good as them,' and of being left behind.   The emphasis needs be that ALL can make it if they try

working