jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Will the next President establish some real enforceable rules on using e-mail fo

1. RJ Schwartz profile image94
    RJ Schwartzposted 23 months ago

Will the next President establish some real enforceable rules on using e-mail for government work

Now it's been discovered that Pentagon Chief, secretary of Defense Ashton Carter has been using a personal email for government work.  The EPA, Secretary Clinton, and her staff, and maybe more government employees are skirting the rules and it needs to stop.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12944195_f260.jpg

2. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 23 months ago

There are already rules against using personal email for government business. And there additional rules that say you can go to jail for intentionally bypassing security protocols, in the case of Clinton, to receive Top Secret data on an unclassified system.
    The issue is respect for those laws and enforcement of them.

1. RJ Schwartz profile image94
      RJ Schwartzposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Exactly

3. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 23 months ago

It is obvious that if Clinton wins the election she has no problem with using personal email for government business.  She and most liberals just don't agree that this could be a security issue.

I know that if I send email to someone saying that I need to get new tires for my wife's car, for the next month I get ads from tire companies in my emails.  Email is probably the most insecure method of communication we have today.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
      bradmasterOCcalposted 22 months agoin reply to this

That is true, and wouldn't your boss tell you that you don't have the right to setup a private email server that contains emails about the company secrets. So where does the buck stop. At Hillary or Obama?

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 23 months ago

An interesting ?
    What 1st came to mind was why isn't pres Obama telling us what his expectations were of email use for all of his cabinets. Isn't that his job as president to insure that his organization is run properly?
    Doesn't the buck stop at the president? and shouldn't the DOJ ask him directly about whether he knew, although in his position it is implied that he should know.
    They got Petreaus, so why is Clinton special?

1. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Clinton is special because she and slick Willy have never had to pay the price for any of the "Mistakes" they have made.  It is reported there were also emails on her private server involving the Clinton Foundation that could be very damaging.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
      bradmasterOCcalposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Yes, the magic act of Bill and Hillary astounds and amazes...

working