jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When you are plus size, what is the hardest thing to buy? What makes it so hard?

1. AmandaLBrantley profile image76
    AmandaLBrantleyposted 23 months ago

When you are plus size, what is the hardest thing to buy? What makes it so hard? What is the easiest

2. thranax profile image52
    thranaxposted 23 months ago

I mean, everything outside of hats and shoes are hard to buy when your plus sized. I would say large t-shirts and pants other then jeans are the toughest things to find and buy for a REASONABLE or at least close to normal sizes price.

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 23 months ago

The pants, skirts are the hardest, t shirt is easier to find

4. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 23 months ago

T-shirts are always the easiest to find and buy. I'm picky about necklines (v-neck only, no round or crew necks) and fiber content (100% cotton only), and I still have plenty of choices that look good on my frame.

For me, pants are difficult, because I'm short from waist to hip, but they were a pain even when I was very thin. Fitted skirts are also somewhat awkward for the same reason, so I often choose knits that are cut straight, rather than woven fabrics that are cut curved, because the curves never hit me in the right place.

I think the worst part about plus-sized clothing is that manufacturers assume we all curve in the same places, equally. Some plus-size women carry their extra size in their butts, some in their thighs, some in their stomachs, and some in their back or bust---and any combination of these is possible. The best plus-size stores offer garments in a variety of shapes and styles, to accommodate all those various body types.