Which of the following has or have become either better or worse after Obama rule?
2. Drug Policy
4. Health Care
6. Gun Control
7. LGBT Right
8. Social Security
9. Tax Reform
1. Abortion - it is interesting how many people say don't interfere with my freedom, then demand that everyone else pay for their abortion and contraception. The Obama Administration even took nuns to court demanding that their health plan cover abortion and contraception.
2. Drug policy - for liberals, his continued prosecution of recreational marijuana usage is bad, while for conservatives, his over-zealous prosecution of doctors offering pain relief hurts patients
3. Education - the federal government says rules saying men and women must be treated equally in college now require rape tribunals run by women's studies departments that deny men the right to a fair trial, right to cross-examine witnesses, the right to legal counsel, the right to their charges in writing - and they can be kicked out of college based on very low evidence standards, inability to offer their own witnesses and evidence, and in cases where police said there was no crime. In the most egregious cases, a man is being prosecuted for rape when the girl involved said it was consensual but a different woman reported it as rape, and a young man was barred because a rape victim said he looked like her accuser who lived on the other side of the country.
4. Health care - Obamacare restricted choice of doctors and doubled health care plan premiums, and it limits health care options for Medicare and Medicaid for the elderly that often mean go home and die if you can't pay for it privately.
5. Immigration - Congress didn't pass amnesty for illegal aliens, so he told INS to issue waivers for four years to illegal aliens that double as identity papers and permission to work. And he said to give it to anyone who said they came here as children, so half a million "unaccompanied minors" showed up to take advantage of his DREAM ACT. It was supposed to mean if your parents brought you here as a baby you could stay and get citizenship, instead a bunch of teens and people claiming to be teens came and are getting waivers.
6. Gun control - he's stopped the military selling used casings for recycling to be made into cheaper private ammo, tried to prevent gun hunting on large sections of land, actively has VA denying vets their rights to own a gun
7. LBGT rights - the insanity of a man in a dress saying he's a woman is raised to a civil right, and saying that a teenaged boy in address MUST be allowed to use the girls' showers and changing rooms or else his rights are violated
There has been no beneficial change on any of these items after ObamaNation. First of all, many of these are social issues, and govt can't fix social issues. So that includes, #1,#2,#6 and #7.
#3 Education needs a whole new paradigm, and one that is geared to getting jobs that provide enough income to pay for college, and support a family, and distance education from Academia and towards Pragmatism.
#4 Health Care is still run by the Insurance Co, that practice medicine without a license. We need a focus on curing diseases to replace the expensive and lifelong treatments.. Medical patents inhibit the domino affect of building on successful research. People that have terminal diseases shouldn't be constrained by FDA approval. In fact, since congress gave monitoring of drugs to the FDA no major diseases have been Cured.
#5. We already have Immigration Laws, but Obama, and the democrats have discriminated against immigrants that follow that lawful procedure in favor of those who choose to make an Illegal end run around the law. Illegal immigrants shouldn't be rewarded for their criminal actions, especially while legal immigrants go through a long and expensive process following the law. We need the WAll for 3 reasons. 1. Terrorists, 2. Drugs, and lastly to keep out illegals, many of whom wind up in US jails and prisons for committing crimes in the US.
#6 Punishing good people that want to own guns, doesn't stop criminals that will break any law to get and use guns.
#7 Caving into the political machine of the LGBT didn't benefit the country or the people. The country is setup by biological gender, and just forcing the faux gender doesn't have a place. We segregate public restrooms by biological gender. We don't have the solution to make these drastic changes. Gay marriage wasn't a solution, and it also is a foreign concept that we are not able to assimilate into our culture. It also doesn't help couples that don't want to get married but do want control of their partners.
#8 SS is a Ponzi scheme, that should have been converted to a real retirement system, but neither party wants that because it is a piggy bank they can steal from. Obama didn't do anything on this issue.
#9 Tax Reform, As long as their is an Internal Rev Code, the rich will get richer, the poor will get welfare, and the middle class will shrink into the poor. The Income Tax invades, privacy, and dispenses your const rights. in the name of getting Revenue. Obama has done nothing
by tobey100 8 years ago
The Federal government has sued a sovereign state, Arizona, claiming its law and policy regarding illegal immigration usurps the authority of the Federal government and violates Federal Law and guidlines. At the same time the Federal Government turns a blind eye to those illegal immigrants...
by Grace Marguerite Williams 4 years ago
Are YOU sick of the incessant illegal immigration to this country which was initiated bythe amnesty program under President Obama? Why? Why not? There is an influx of illegal immigration to America as a result of this amnesty program. These illlegal immigrants have no skills nor education.Because...
by MikeNV 7 years ago
$10 Billion per month to spend in Afghanistan per month "fighting terrorists". How many people know the cost of a Gallon of fuel to the military in Afghanistan is $13 per Gallon?30,000 AMERICAN TROOPS on the South Korea/North Korea Border.And the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION REFUSES to...
by Credence2 5 years ago
Greetings all, check out this article and if you are so inclined share your thoughts. I think that this Trump guy is a bull in a china shop and is the reason the GOP has so little credibilty with Hispanic and, in general, minority voters. They keep on bringing the same clowns to the big top!...
by Lela 2 years ago
Explain how Trump's Wall will be different from the Berlin Wall or the Wall in Israel. How will it "keep us safe"?
by Ronnie wrenchBiscuit 4 years ago
I have seen a lot of posts made of late against the so-called illegal immigrants from south of the border. I have also heard a lot of smack about how we should be helping our "wonderful veterans" instead. Really?Hear Ye! Hear Ye! I am one of those wonderful veterans. (1974-1981) I am a...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|