jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Do you believe Donald Trump ran for President to get Hillary Elected?

1. MichaelMcNabb profile image80
    MichaelMcNabbposted 21 months ago

Do you believe Donald Trump ran for President to get Hillary Elected?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
    bradmasterOCcalposted 21 months ago

What even gives you reason to even pose this question.
    MY answer is definitely NOT.

3. Bobby Shanahan profile image91
    Bobby Shanahanposted 21 months ago

I have actually heard this conspiracy theory before, and I think it might have some merit. The fact that Trump has been pals with both Clintons throughout the years gives me some pause. Was he doing that simply because they have the power? Or are they really friends and Trump is running to give Hillary the White House? At this point, I don’t believe he is in on it with the Clintons, but I do think this is an interesting question to delve into. Hillary is chomping at the bit to bad mouth Trump during the general, but I assume Trump will be just as ready to fire everything he’s got right back at her. I don’t think Trump will give Hillary the landslide victory that most middle of the road pundits are predicting.

4. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 21 months ago

Perhaps like Perot that splits a conservative vote or a Ralph Nader  who splits a liberal vote. I cannot buy Trump as a Republican when he had  Piers Morgan on his tv show. I wonder if Trump was meant to implode so bad that even Hillary would be a reasonable choice but later Trump thought he could win and betrayed the plan. Bernie Sanders treats Hillary with kids gloves so i bet sanders votes for hillary on cue. Get ready for full blown communists next cycle though.

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 21 months ago

No, I think he ran because he wants to be in charge of something bigger than his businesses.

6. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 21 months ago

No. Donald Trump's ego is way too big to run simply to get someone else elected. He's running for president because it's the ultimate in self-promotion.

MichaelMcNabbposted 21 months agoin reply to this

The only thing bigger than Trump's hair is his ego.

7. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 21 months ago

No. I can't imagine anyone taking that much heat in order to insure someone else wins an election. Trump isn't into losing. (Big EGO)
    It's also very expensive and time consuming to travel the country, participate in debates, give multiple interviews, and speak at rallies.
    Trump really believes he's the "best person" to be president.
    There's no way anyone would invest that kind of time for sport.
    Last but not least not even Trump could have predicted he would win the nomination against established Senators, Governors, and professional politicians  all with actual legislative experience. Running for president is Trump's first time seeking any elected office.
    What other occupation is there where having (no experience) is considered a "plus"? smile

MichaelMcNabbposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Yes, no experience is what qualifies him to be President.  That really shows the sad state of our country's political support.  I think it is time for voters to start accepting responsibility for their votes rather than always blaming the politician.

Closed to reply

working