Do you feel society becomes less moral with each generation?

1. iggy7117 profile image80
    iggy7117posted 22 months ago

Do you feel society becomes less moral with each generation?

2. lions44 profile image98
    lions44posted 22 months ago

Could you define "moral?"  Honesty, sexual mores? 

I think we live in a more just society.  We care more about almost everything.  Technology is part of that.  But judging from my nieces and nephews, they seem to have a good sense of morals (all between 15 and 30).  Right from wrong ,etc.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 22 months ago

I believe what is "morally acceptable" changes with each generation.
    There was a time when most couples who married were virgins or had very little sexual experience. Today it's been reported that the average person in the U.S. loses their virginity by age 17.
    The average first time married woman is 27 and 29 for men. That means on average they have anywhere from 10-12 years or more of sexual experience with multiple partners prior to saying "I do."
    It's been said that in the U.S  70% of single women by age 34 has lived with at least one man out of wedlock in her lifetime.
    The advent of the "baby boomer" 1960s generation really accelerated cultural change with "hippies", "free love",  "the pill", "drug culture" don't trust anyone over 30 especially those in government or positions of authority, legalized abortion, a push for equal rights amendment for women...etc The 70s and 80s brought a rise in teenage pregnancy....
    In the eyes of every older person they feel like world is going to hell in a hand basket. However if one does research they'll find those so called innocent eras weren't as "innocent" as we believed. There were a lot of marriages that took place after a baby was conceived.
    {Hugh Hefner published the first issue of Playboy Magazine in 1953!}
    People were having pre-marital sex, smoking pot, there were teenage pregnancies (granted the girl was shipped out of town to have the baby), abortions while illegal still took place, celebrities of every generation "lived on the edge" as revealed in their biographies.
    Nevertheless with all the "sexual freedom" we have, lifestyles choices, and relationship statues most people still eventually end up getting married at least once and more often than not multiple times!
    The wedding industry is a multi-billion dollar industry. Once we see the idea of marriage has disappeared among the masses that's when we can truly say society has jumped the tracks.
    Right now it's typical each generation rebels in their youth, explores a variety of things, and (conforms) as they get older, settle down, prepares for retirement and shakes their head when looking at the younger generation. It's the circle of life....