jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is a white woman refusing to date blacks the same as a black woman refusing to d

1. Terrex profile image80
    Terrexposted 23 months ago

Is a white woman refusing to date blacks the same as a black woman refusing to date whites?

It seems there is 'back privilege' in the dating scene and racism against whites. As a non-white, non-American person observing this, it seems really strange that this racism is so widely accepted.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13043160_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 23 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13043601_f260.jpg

Who you date has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with who (you) are attracted to, have chemistry with, and who you enjoy being around. No one is going to say to themselves he/she is hot/sexy with a great sense of humor, personable, shares my same values, wants the same things out of life that I do, and I love being around them... BUT (too bad he/she is white/black/Latino/Asian...etc)
    The minute you feel a natural attraction to someone their skin color becomes irrelevant. Having said that everyone is entitled to have preferences. If you love a particular car and someone gave you your choice between two of them with the only difference being their color you're going to choose your "favorite color" over another color.
    Whenever one has "options" it means they get to (choose).
    Each of us gets to (choose) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.
    We live on a planet with over 7 Billion people! Each of us has our own "list" of what would make an ideal mate. Some women refuse to date guys who are shorter than themselves, unemployed, red hair, overweight, skinny, bald, atheist, smoker, casual drug user...etc
    You can't allow society to shame or compel you to date people you're not attractive to. Life is a (personal) journey.
    By the way I've known lots of black women who have dated white men as well as men of other races especially in large metro areas.
    Everyone gets rejected for one reason or another when it comes to dating, mate selection, and marriage consideration.
    It's a waste of time to try to become something you're not in order to win over a specific person. The goal is to find someone who will love and appreciate you for who (you) are.
    For everyone who wants the red car there are just as many who will want the black car! You just have to be willing to move on!

Terrexposted 22 months agoin reply to this

I agree about the freedom of choice.
      I was asking more about how white women who turn down a black man are deemed racist (as a non-white person I hear this more than the average white person does), but not the other way around.
      To me, that's racist.

3. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 22 months ago

A white woman refuses to date black men, who have low odds of actually marrying her (and low marriage rate with black women, too), she's called racist.
    A black woman dates white men who might marry her, the blacks tear her down, tell her to "come home".
    A black man dates white women, his fellows give him thumbs up for the accomplishment.
    A white man dates a black woman, he gets threatened by blacks for re-enacting perceived norms 200 years ago.

You want to see true racist hatred? A black man marries a white woman and is cursed from high heaven by black men and women, as Clarence Thomas was after he married a white woman instead of Anita Hill.

Terrexposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Yes, that is what I noticed. It just seems strange that this overt racism in the U.S. is swept under the carpet. America really is a weird place and Americans will forever remain unfathomable, irrational and hypocritical to many around the world.

working