jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Name the most terrifying moment of your life so far.

1. MarieLB profile image83
    MarieLBposted 22 months ago

Name the most terrifying moment of your life so far.

Can you tell what it was and why it was so terrifying, and when did it happen?

2. Venkatachari M profile image41
    Venkatachari Mposted 22 months ago

During my childhood, it was summer holidays and we used to roam along railway tracks. One day, we were crossing a bridge through the railway track when a train was approaching from behind us. Most of us crossed it, but my younger brother (2 years younger than me and aged 12 years or so) was unable to finish and to save himself from the train, hung downwards by holding to the narrow cement support of that bridge which was barely some inches away from the passing train. And, if he loosened his grip he would have fallen into the river beneath it. But he kept holding to it bravely till the train passed past him. Thus, he got saved himself. Some onlookers scolded at us for roaming like that on tracks.
    It was one of the scariest moments in my life.

MarieLBposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Oh my Gosh V M.  That is a really scary image you described.  At 14 you probably felt protective of your younger brother.  I hope I have not revived a painful recollection.  Thank you for sharing VM.

3. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 22 months ago

When I was 16 and we got news that my dad was going to get a heart transplant.  It was both happy and terrifying - he wouldn't have survived another week without the new heart but I knew that day was definitively the day I could lose my dad, and unfortunately I was right.  I had a full-blown panic attack in the hospital bathroom after we found out he was going into surgery that day, I still remember exactly how it felt.

MarieLBposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Hi Aime, that is what courage is, isn't it.  Being afraid, and yet going ahead with what needs to be done. Your Dad lost the battle, but it seems, he passed on the mantle of courage to you, because it takes courage to 'open up' to strangers,so thanks

working