jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What political issue is important to you?

1. jaydawg808 profile image92
    jaydawg808posted 19 months ago

What political issue is important to you?

Education? homeless? The war on terror? The economy? LGBT rights?

2. lions44 profile image99
    lions44posted 19 months ago

Two issues meld into one: the economy and national security (includes war on terror).  We can't have one without the other and some of our biggest economic partners are also our biggest military rivals. I guess we can call it economic security. 

The other issues should be handled at the local level.  Our nation is so diverse and complicated, the federal government and the President need to narrow their focus.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
    Kathleen Cochranposted 19 months ago

Security and Health Care.  I'm not ready to hand either one over to someone who's never been elected to anything.  Any president should have at least a decade of experience in government.

4. Johnny James A profile image76
    Johnny James Aposted 19 months ago

The national deficit and healthcare are the two most important issues to me.  Security, education, and the economy are also important and interrelated to my main issues of concern. Since 1974, the national deficit has grown in terms of total balance every year except 1996-2000 per the Congressional Budget Office. Since Congress by law controls the budget, we will need a Congress, backed by the President, who will either find ways to drive revenue up, decrease costs or a combination. There may be a correlation between having one party controlling the Executive Branch and the other the Legislative which helps control deficit spending, but I need to do more research on looking at the deficit numbers in conjunction with GDP as just using total deficit can be misleading.

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
      Kathleen Cochranposted 19 months agoin reply to this

There must be 20 hubs circulating on the scandals and muddy side of this election.  But a simple question about the issues gets only 3 responses?  Speaks volumes about where people are spending their time and energy.

working