jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Question about Jesse Williams' BET Awards speech.

1. LoliHey profile image58
    LoliHeyposted 19 months ago

Question about Jesse Williams' BET Awards speech.

What exactly did he mean when he said,  "We are going to have equal rights and justice in our own country or we will restructure their function and ours."  This is in reference to the "data" he and his BLM warriors have been looking regarding the police.  What exactly do you think this "restructured function" is going to look like?  Who is "their?"  More importantly, where did he get this "data?"  Or is he just another race baiter?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13084679_f260.jpg

2. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 19 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8836175_f260.jpg

Mr. Williams is strongly indicating that Blacks will gain full equal sociopolitical, socioeconomic, & educational parity w/Caucasians.  If not, according to Mr. Williams, there will be protests & boycotts of major institutions by Blacks so they can gain that parity. 

Mr. Williams maintain as other younger, more radical Blacks that there is no fully equality in America.  According to them, there is only a semblance of racial equality.  They maintain that there will be an overhaul in the sociopolitical & socioeconomic racial system by socioeconomic boycotts or worse in order to achieve full justice as far as Blacks go.

1. profile image55
      Norine Williamsposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Love your "militant" portrait of a Black male! 
      I "see" you!

2. LoliHey profile image58
      LoliHeyposted 19 months agoin reply to this

MLK would be so proud!!!! (Sarcasm).

3. profile image55

GOD would be so proud! 
      For we are to "Love our neighbors as ourselves" & "love our enemies, do good to them which hate you. Bless them that curse you, & pray for them which despitefully use you." (Lk 6:27-28)!

HAPPY 4th of July to ALL!

3. profile image55
    Norine Williamsposted 19 months ago

Racial inequality in the US is continuing!  However, as GOD SAID through the Prophet Isaiah of HIMSELF (JESUS) talking of Paul in Isaiah 49:6 "And HE said, It is a "LIGHT THING" that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel:  I WILL ALSO GIVE THEE FOR A LIGHT TO THE "GENTILES," that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth."  Did not Paul preach unto the "GENTILES" but WORD applies to ALL?

Case and point, "IT IS A LIGHT THING" what Jesse Williams spoke of at the BET Awards for Scripture says the "...first will be last and the last will be the first" (Matthew 19:30) in the kingdom of GOD!

Does it "really" matter what happens to us in this life?  Look what JESUS SAID in a parable about "A FOOL" in Luke 12:16-21!  "And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought for plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruit? And he said, This will I do, I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.  And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years, take thine ease, eat drink and be merry.  But GOD SAID unto him, Thou "FOOL," [IGNORANT] this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those "things" be, which thou hast provided?  So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward GOD."  So it really doesn't matter what "Blacks" or anyone else for that matter, "think" they deserve or desire- "IT IS A LIGHT THING!" 

Believe it or not "death is inevitable" and this world is "temporal!"  We were created to PRAISE GOD and WILL BE "reconciled" to HIM eventually if "IN CHRIST!"  GOD told us to "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Matthew 22:39)!  Unbelievers of HIS WORD, including man-made Religions or not believing AFTER THE CROSS, or an Atheist who doesn't believe there is a GOD, which separates one from GOD, HE loves you so much, HE will give you exactly what you believe "Separation from HIM" upon death or the Lake of Fire (HELL)!

Therefore, who cares (IF "IN CHRIST!") what Jesse Williams said at the BET awards, for his speech speaks to ["IGNORANT"] "temporal things" and is completely "irrelevant" for eternal life!

1. LoliHey profile image58
      LoliHeyposted 19 months agoin reply to this

He also said that the hereafter is a hustle.  I take this to mean that he does not believe in any afterlife.

2. profile image55

It's on each of us to "Work out "our own" Salvation" (Philippians 2:12) so that's between him & GOD if he hasn't "STUDIED" or doesn't believe as it is with Hubbers or anyone else!

working