jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What are people saying about Jesse Williams Speech?

1. dbroomfi profile image81
    dbroomfiposted 22 months ago

What are people saying about Jesse Williams Speech?

2. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 22 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12485212_f260.jpg

Many people of all races are applauding the speech which discusses the issue of Caucasian hegemony in American culture & society.  They maintain that Blacks are underappreciated & overused regarding their contributions to American culture & society.  There are some Blacks who maintain that the issue is a dead horse, their contention is that Blacks have succeeded into the upper echelons of society, why rehash the race issue yet again.  They maintain that perhaps Mr. Williams is a troublemaker who wants to provoke, even upset the societal applecart.

Some pundits such as talk show host Michael Savage indicated that Mr. Williams is a spoiled, rich brat who doesn't appreciate America.  Dr. Savage went on a litany indicating that successful Blacks shouldn't ever complain about racial discrimination in America as they are socioeconomically successful.  Dr. Savage added that Mr. Williams wasn't a lower socioeconomic income Black but an upper socioeconomic income Black & he SHOULDN'T even hint to racial discrimination.   There are those who contend that Mr. Williams' speech is pure whining.  Blacks are more successful socioeconomically than ever before-so SHUT UP with the discrimination homily already.

1. profile image0
      LoliHeyposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Jesse Williams is the one who needs to sit down.  Shut up and act!

2. wrenchBiscuit profile image84
      wrenchBiscuitposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Lolita, Racist whites have always preferred to see black people tap dance and sing, rather than to hear them speak the truth about America. Your forefathers in hell are so proud of you!

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image27
    bradmasterOCcalposted 22 months ago

I am not saying anything because I don't know anything about Jesse Williams, or his speech.

4. wrenchBiscuit profile image84
    wrenchBiscuitposted 22 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13085921_f260.jpg

I grew up near the Mason-Dixon Line. I know firsthand how evil white racist Americans can be. They are worse than Islamic Terrorists because they are the ones who have been doing most of the raping, killing, and terrorizing on this side of the globe for over 500 years. They continue to celebrate slavery and murder with Columbus Day and the 4th of July. And the killing continues. They also continue to enjoy the stolen wealth of this continent, as they are the progeny of thieves.

12 year old Tamir Rice was murdered in cold blood by a miscreant white racist Cop. Many other people of color have been tortured and murdered by Cops as well, yet the white racists are more upset about Williams taking a stand against evil. I applaud Williams for taking a stand and showing leadership. People of color who have enjoyed success have a responsibility to lift up their brothers and sisters, and to use their fame and wealth to help tear down this evil system of institutionalized racism. If he ever runs for President, he's got my vote.

working