Do you think it is right or wrong for police to use a "bomb robot," as in the re

1. yecall profile image67
    yecallposted 19 months ago

Do you think it is right or wrong for police to use a "bomb robot," as in the recent Dallas case?

2. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 19 months ago

I think it was a right decision on the part of the police.  The shooter had been talking to a police negotiator for hours and given multiple opportunities to give himself up prior to them taking this action.

He had already shot and killed several police officers and wounded many others.  They did this after negotiations broke down and he again started shooting at the officers based on the information I have.  There were also civilians at huge risk while he was shooting at the officers.

I think the bomb was the right way to go without risking another officers life trying to stop him from killing more people.  I believe at this point anything that would work to end his killing of other people would be acceptable.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
    bradmasterOCcalposted 19 months ago

I guess they could have had the robot deliver a flash grenade, or something less lethal. We don't know the details to make the call. The shooter did say that he had a bomb, and the robot bomb was there to trigger the shooter's bomb??

working