jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What Is Your Favorite Ronald Reagan Quote?

1. PhoenixV profile image76
    PhoenixVposted 19 months ago

What Is Your Favorite Ronald Reagan Quote?

2. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 19 months ago

The most terrifying  9 words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".

1. tamarawilhite profile image90
      tamarawilhiteposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Absolutely agree.

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 19 months ago

The one I heard from Reagan is "Trust but verify". I learned later it is from a Russian Proverb.

4. profile image0
    JDWilhiteposted 19 months ago

The quote that motivated a generation of captives -

"Mr. Gorbachev...tear down this wall!"

5. profile image0
    Copper Manposted 19 months ago

After being shot by a would-be assassin: "I forgot to duck!"

6. Johnny James A profile image77
    Johnny James Aposted 19 months ago

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that "each individual" is accountable for his actions."

7. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 19 months ago

“Anyone who’s ever had their kitchen done over knows that it never gets done as soon as you wish it would.”

In September of 1984, for the third time in eighteen months, jihadists bombed a U.S. government outpost in Beirut - bringing the death toll to more than 300 (including 240 Marines in one bombing.) President Reagan acknowledged that the new security precautions that had been advocated by Congress hadn’t yet been implemented at the U.S. embassy annex similar to the one in Benghazi.  This quote was his explanation.  I wonder how Congress would react today to that kind of a statement in the face of American deaths.

working