jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Did you watch both speeches at the VFW?

1. gregas profile image80
    gregasposted 20 months ago

Did you watch both speeches at the VFW?

When Clinton gave her speech it was aired on Fox, MSNBC and CNN. When Trump gave his speech it was aired ONLY on Fox. My real question is; Why was Trump's speech aired ONLY on Fox and NOT on MSNBC or CNN?

2. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 20 months ago

I don't know about MSNBC, but it was my understanding that CNN aired Trump's speech. Was this not actually aired on CNN or were only parts aired on CNN? He was talking when I turned off the TV and went to bed.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016 … speech.cnn

gregasposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Her speech was yesterday, 7/25 and his today. I went to all three channels both days. She was on all three during the speech and he was only on Fox. After his speech today CNN showed pieces, and only what they wanted to share.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
    bradmasterOCcalposted 20 months ago

I would like to answer the question but I gave up Cable News twelve years ago. I could view it on youtube.

Instead of Cable News they should call it "PunditVision"

4. Harmel profile image78
    Harmelposted 20 months ago
  5. breakfastpop profile image91
    breakfastpopposted 20 months ago

The MSM is in the game of censoring the news and deciding what we, the public, should see and hear. I can only suppose we are not as free as we are supposed to be. I would love to see the networks that spew bias, lose their licenses. It is merely propaganda and brain-washing and I am sick of it.

gregasposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I agree.

6. LaNita Schartz profile image80
    LaNita Schartzposted 20 months ago

I would have to show my political affiliation.  Hillary has more of the press on her side due to her lies and Mr. Trump isn't as well liked

7. John Frawley profile image84
    John Frawleyposted 20 months ago

Good question; seems like a presidential candidate's speech should receive coverage "across the board". Maybe the "liberal" media have simply discounted Trump altogether. I'm not a Trump fan anyway, and was disappointed in the content of the leaked emails from the DNC dissing Bernie's campaign prior to the Dem convention. I am left with negative feelings about both major parties, so I didn't watch either affair. The fact-checking on the speeches after both conventions convinced me I hadn't missed much in terms of getting the straight story from either one. Politics has become so much show business that I don't feel comfortable believing most of what is said at the conventions anymore: seems like folks spewing bombastic remarks and twisting the facts to fit professed ideals that are less than honest simply to get everyone's attention. Integrity took a holiday and has decided not to return.

8. Jim Davin profile image71
    Jim Davinposted 20 months ago

Once again the liberal media bias. The love Hillary so much
    they give her the best exposure possible.