jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Why do people want to spread the bad news when there is so much more good news i

1. Kenna McHugh profile image86
    Kenna McHughposted 20 months ago

Why do people want to spread the bad news when there is so much more good news in the world?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13161744_f260.jpg

2. Tusitala Tom profile image64
    Tusitala Tomposted 20 months ago

It probably goes back to prehistoric times when bad news spelled danger and was the news important to survival. 

It is said we can be told ten good things in a day and one bad, and we'll focus on the bad.  Certainly this is the case when it comes to criticism on something we've done or failed to do.

For example, if you run a class and ask for written evaluations from twenty people on how you went, the two who told you you didn't do well are the ones that will draw most of your attention - along with your resentment.  But this is simply our ego being hurt.

It's up to ourselves to resolve to stick by the good news.  One way to get into the habit is to start a Gratitude Journal.   Write what we're grateful for.   Start off with those things we take for granted, such as we can see, hear, have a home, have a bed to sleep in.  The list is endless.  Before you know it, bad news will start gliding off of us - unless, of course, it affects us personally and in a physical way.   But that IS NOT news.

1. Kenna McHugh profile image86
      Kenna McHughposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I agree. There is more good news than bad. We need to stay away from those who perpetuate the bad news. We will soon discover the world is a wonderful place to live.

2. gregas profile image81
      gregasposted 20 months agoin reply to this

The bad news can effect our lives more than the good news. If you ignore the bad news you could find yourself in hot water. Just my opinion, Greg.

3. Kenna McHugh profile image86
      Kenna McHughposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Of course, but there are those who constantly speak of bad news, such as news media and certain personalities. There is a time for it, but not all the time. Hearst started "bad news media," which he called yellow journalism.

working