jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What will make you believe a Conspiracy Theory?

1. AshutoshJoshi06 profile image90
    AshutoshJoshi06posted 18 months ago

What will make you believe a Conspiracy Theory?

Do they sprung up for a motive or are sponsered is one aspect but couldn't they be just critical thinking or an expose?
    With facts and supporting arguments, its often a difficult call 'to believe' or 'not to believe' ...

2. profile image58
    Setank Setunkposted 18 months ago

Nothing will make me believe a conspiracy theory. They are like those kitchen appliances and utensils they try to sell on TV. The reason they do this is because buyers from respectable retail businesses do not want  junk on their shelves.
    However I will meter the qualifications of my statement by admitting that I did buy a RonCo Pocket Fisherman along time ago.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
    bradmasterOCcalposted 18 months ago

First of all the use of the words "Conspiracy Theory" itself are made to stifle any agreement with their arguments. The problem is that people will be most affected by the label of CT and not even delve into the facts or questions contained in them.

CT then becomes a Universal response to reject them regardless of the subject matter. Can or even should we categorically dismiss any and all CT just because they are labeled CT?

Are ALL CTs alike that just mentioning CT means that you shouldn't even consider them? Of course not, but that is my point, in labeling them as a CT, the people and events contained in the CT are protected from transparency and veracity. They merely have to utter the words CT and they are done discussing the issues, fact and details in the CT.

It is like Political Correctness, once uttered the other side is precluded from any response. That puts them on the defense, on the names they are being called in conjunction with the label PC.

The reason that CT even exist is because the explanations of the subject matter has not fully answered the questions and the facts presented or existing.

Take 911 CT
    Those people that reject anything labeled CT, reject this plethora of theories on 911.
    The 911 commission put out a poorly thought out theory to explain three buildings free falling to the ground. WTC 7 wasn't hit by any plane, yet it also free fell 47 stories.

If we strip away theory down to just what happened without regard to implications of how it happened, facts are missing from the 911 report. Even two yrs after the report, people in the commission said they were set to fail with not enough money, time, or even the physical evidence.

If you focus on how 3 separate skyscrapers can free fall from fire, when no other skyscraper has done that in the world. How can anyone patently reject those issues, under the flag of CT rejection?

demolition companies bring down big buildings straight down, being scientifically accurate where and when they sequence their explosives to accomplish that feet. Under the 911 report, we would only have to set the buildings on fire to get free fall.

Would you have believed on 910,19 terrorists would commandeer 4 US commercial jets,use them to crash into US buildings? Would you have called that a CT? then, what do you call it today?

Whether you believe or don't believe in a Conspiracy Theory shouldn't it be done on a CT by CT basis, and only after you objectively look at the facts and details first

1. AshutoshJoshi06 profile image90
      AshutoshJoshi06posted 18 months agoin reply to this

I guess the Critical Thinking or Indepth Research is often advertised as a conspiracy theory to make it meanigless and hence I second your thought on that.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
      bradmasterOCcalposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for at least entertaining it.