jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Is the racial situation in America getting...........BETTER......or...........WO

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 17 months ago

Is the racial situation in America getting...........BETTER......or...........WORSE?

2. jackclee lm profile image82
    jackclee lmposted 17 months ago

Definitely worse over the last 8 years under the first African American President. I thought things would get better but I was wrong. I didn't vote for him but still I was hoping the race situation would improve. I hope the whole country learn a lesson from these past 8 years.

3. mio cid profile image46
    mio cidposted 17 months ago

The situation is getting better in the long run because each generation is less racist than the one before .But there are pockets of entrenched racism that every so often rear its ugly head.

1. jackclee lm profile image82
      jackclee lmposted 17 months agoin reply to this

I disagree. Not everything is about race. Unfortunately, the people that sees everything through a racial lens cannot get over the past. They are preventing the progress and making things worse.

4. Porshadoxus profile image78
    Porshadoxusposted 17 months ago

Racism is worse now than 20 years ago, driven by media narrative. We are told by news outlets, by the choice of stories they run, that whites are killing blacks more than other situations. According to ucr.fbi.gov, the following information, from 2013, doesn't jive with the belief in America.
    For every 1 million whites in America, 9.83 were killed by blacks.
    For every 1 million whites in America, 10.22 were killed by whites.
    For every 1 million blacks in America, 53.94 were killed by blacks.
    For every 1 million blacks in America, 0.77 were killed by whites.

It's that last line that BlackLivesMatter is protesting.

Black America, time to start looking at your own cultural issues, rather than play victim and blame whites.

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 17 months ago

There have now been repeated riots after Black Lives Matter where looters and rioters destroy property and attack white people.
    The police are reluctant to act because they are afraid to be called racist for doing so, thus holding blacks to a lower standard of behavior than whites in a similar case. And despite all the BLM mantras that whites hold the privilege, only blacks have the federal government officials saying "we feel your pain" and state officials saying "give them room to riot".
    Then you get the calls by blacks to attack whites, kill whites, with uploaded video of blacks attacking whites merely for their skin color. North Carolina video where they tried to throw a reporter in the fire, earlier cases where they attacked an Asian reporter until another black pointed out "hey, he's not white!", attacking white homeless people while saying whites have the privilege ... in an effort to justify the violence.

When a group's members and leaders call for racial violence without punishment, when a percentage of their members can engage in said violence while saying how much they hate that group, when the government officials condone the violence and do little about it when it happens and rarely prosecute afterward ... and the word for the evil attitudes and actions has been amended to exclude the assailants ... whites clearly don't have the privilege and the Black Lives Matter group is the klan with a tan with all the power.