What are THE TEN MOST ANNOYING things about .............CONSERVATIVES?
This is not a blanket condemnation of conservatives, because I'm conservative personally. My general observations and dislikes are:
* our solution is to pray instead of actually doing anything about it
* a belief that since one's views are based on faith, every political event and / or discussion must include said faith
* the use and abuse of political program funds to fund church charities (Catholic Charities, Lutheran Services) in the hope that using state money to do good works will spread the faith, when in reality, it corrupts the church and leads to secularization of said churches
* continual efforts by some to see everything as a sign of the end times
To some Americans, Conservatives .......
(1) are very retrogressive-yearning for the "olden" days where everything had its clear boundaries. In essence, everything & everyone was in their respective places. As Archie Bunker stated in ALL IN THE FAMILY, you know where you were then-men were men.....
(2) are very traditional minded-everything modern is.....SUSPECT......
(3) believe that things are preordained & shouldn't be questioned.
(4) are fearful, even phobic of change & progress.
(5) are very insular, even parochial in consciousness, mentality, mindset, outlook, & philosophy.
(6) are unwelcoming, even distrustful of those who are outside their sociocultural & sociopolitical parameters.
(7) believe that religion should have MORE of an influence in American culture & society-contend that this country was founded upon religious principles.
(8) believe in STRICT, DICHOMITOUS gender roles, men & women should be in their places.
(9) view gender blurring as abominable.
(10) believe in America uber alles- contending that if one sees something wrong w/America, h/she is a radical who isn't fit to be an American.
by Grace Marguerite Williams 22 months ago
What do you CONTEND are the TEN MOST ANNOYING things about........LIBERALS?
by Grace Marguerite Williams 22 months ago
What are the TEN most annoying things about oldest children?
by Rakim Cheeks 3 years ago
Does Science explain all things about life? Or Do religion explain things about life?
by Elena Konik 6 years ago
What do you find the most annoying things your friends do?Sometimes we face the situations when our friends do annoying things all the time, for instance: they schedule an appointment with you and when the time comes your friend calls and says he/she will be 20-30 minutes late and eventually shows...
by Sharon Stajda 9 days ago
This past week Maxine Waters asked her flock to harass our presidents Cabinet and those that support Trump. Some of the media has followed up on her discriminatory words and pushed the concept of harassing American citizens for their political views. It's amazing that this form of pure...
by mio cid 6 years ago
If president Obama is reelected, he will probably be nominating another Supreme court justice maybe more, does this put the fear of god into the right wing nuts that have enjoyed decades of a majority in the supreme court?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|