jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Is it time for national polls to go silent in the 2016 Election for President of

1. ecoggins profile image93
    ecogginsposted 16 months ago

Is it time for national polls to go silent in the 2016 Election for President of the United States?

Each and every day polling institutions seem to report confusing and conflicting national polls related to the upcoming Presidential election. But, the winner of the President of the United States of America is not chosen by majority national vote. The USA is a Democratic Republic by which the new president is determined by the majority vote in individual states. Thus, the only relevant polls are State polls and not national polls. If this is so, why report national polls any longer?

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 16 months ago

They should, but they won't because the people reporting the polls are trying to influence the election by saying "see, everyone supports our cause, vote our way or stay home because you can't win!".

1. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Exactly right Tamara, the polls are used by the biased media to mold public opinion and so cannot be trusted even if they actually are accurate. Anyone whose vote is affected by the polls is a mindless member of the herd mentality.

2. ecoggins profile image93
      ecogginsposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Thank you Tamara for your comment. That does seem to be the case doesn't it?

3. gregas profile image83
    gregasposted 16 months ago

In actuality the people in California, Washington and Oregon feel that they don't need to waste their time voting Republican because they keep showing the Electoral College map saying that Hillary already has those 3 states no matter what and that is very misleading because that 'could' actually change if enough vote for Trump. Some don't realize that. It's like the polls don't matter one way or another here.

1. ecoggins profile image93
      ecogginsposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Thank you Greg for your comment. I live in California and I was saddened by the fact that the Republican Party gave up and did not attempt to promote even one candidate for Barbara Boxer's U.S. Senate seat. The party of Reagan is AWOL in California.

2. gregas profile image83
      gregasposted 16 months agoin reply to this

We definitely need to do away with the Electoral College or at least make the rest of the states do like Maine and Nebraska and divide the Electorats by percentage. Preferably go by the popular vote though.

4. Polycap profile image66
    Polycapposted 15 months ago

Pol-stars wont stop! Its the news the masses want to read.

working