jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (24 posts)

One picture worth 1000 words?

1. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 15 months ago

One picture worth 1000 words?

What is the one picture that captures the election of 2016?
    The map by counties...

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13270791_f260.jpg

2. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 15 months ago

Good display of the 'Heart of America", showing its true Heart to the rest of the world. Don

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 15 months ago

Out of touch liberal elites in enclaves confused about how the rest of the nation feels, despite demonizing them as stupid, irrational or evil.

4. profile image56
    Norine Williamsposted 15 months ago

No!

One word is worth a thousand pictures (of revenge)!

"WHITELASH!"

The US would have voted for a "turkey" (and they did "jive turkey") to move away from a "liberal" concept!

However, I say to them what my mother used to say to me, "Be careful what you ask for; you just might get it!"

1. jackclee lm profile image81
      jackclee lmposted 15 months agoin reply to this

I respectfully disagree. Race had little to do with this election. It was and always about the economy. Liberal policies of the last 8 years was rejected. I am not a Trump supporter and I see the faults... It would have been a landslide for GOP.

2. profile image56
      Norine Williamsposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Prove Obama did NOTHING for the economy?  Say when he took office the economy was not in WORST shape than possibly any other presidential elect?Say Obama did not "try" to do what he said he would but GOP prevented?Say they "tried" to work with him?

3. jackclee lm profile image81

Obama got the ACA passed his first year. His stimulus helped out Wall Street. His regulations hurt Main street. He expanded the debt to 20 trillion$... His policies failed and were rejected and it had nothing to do with his skin color.

4. profile image56

Obama inherited the WORST ECONOMICAL CRASH SINCE THE GREAT DEPRESSION and look where we are TODAY! 
      Any FOOL can see he is one of the GREATEST Presidents that has EVER been in office but disrespect him?
      Why?
      "WHITELASH!"

5. jackclee lm profile image81

Ask yourself, are you better off today than 4 or 8 years ago? Be honest. If the answer is yes, your opinion of Obama is justified. If it is no, like so many of us, than he has been a failure. Hence the election of Trump...

6. profile image56

YES! And not on govt assistance either!  In real estate and the housing industry took a hit for a while (thanks prev admin) but now booming!Obama +250K jobs per mo;financial loopholes fixed;credit card reform;help on prescrip drugs;ACA w/refunds

7. jackclee lm profile image81

Norine, with all due respect, we must be living in 2 different worlds. Youth unemployment 60%, 90 million out of work force, record food stamps, interest rate near 0% for 9 years, health insure cost rising and higher deductibles, race relation down..

8. profile image56

Not only *my* opinion! READ 'My Esoteric's* "What Has President Obama Done Right in Seven Years" HUB!
      Politics is like religion!  We find what our flesh desires & go with it rather than FACTS!
      Blessings

9. jackclee lm profile image81

Norine, it may be religion to some but not to us conservatives. We reserve religion and faith for God and no other. I am a pragmatist. If Obama had succeeded, I would have cheered and Hillary would have won by a landslide. The fact is he failed all.

10. profile image56

HISTORY cannot deny President Obama entered office with the greatest economic decline since The Great Depression vs where we are today, can it? 
      If you call that "failure," I don't value *your opinion" as those who suffer from "WHITE-LASH!"

11. jackclee lm profile image81

Norine, please look at history and tell me the recession of 2008 was different. There were many recessions including 1980 when Reagan came into office. Everyone in the past dealt with them. This recession was over in the first 2 years...

12. profile image56

You're comparing apples to oranges!  The Reagan recession was a deep one; but the truth is Reagan had it easy when compared to the economy which awaited Barack Obama! 
      WORST!
      You KNOW IT!  HISTORY BOOKS will tell it ALL "IF" they don't LIE!

13. jackclee lm profile image81

I will concede the recession was a big one and a lot of problems were deep rooted in the real-estate bubble. However, after 2 or 3 years, it was all Obama and his policies that created the slow recovery. The main one being the ACA act - a disaster.

14. profile image56

Tell that to the millions who benefited from it!  Would u prefer to go back to the way it was?  Maybe so if you are blessed the way my family & I are being govt or x-govt employees w/pvt insurance but what about other Americans? Nothing vs someth

15. jackclee lm profile image81

Unfortunately, it is too late for you to find out. The GOP had an alternative plan that was rejected by Obama... Elections have consequences. Those people found out too that the promise was a lie. You can't provide something with no cost...

16. profile image56

If ObamaCare so awful; why is Trump keeping something vs nothing? Not "repealing" as promised; but "amending!" 
      Stupid will "catch up" or at least "try!" lol
      The same with "proclaimed" CHRISTIANS "IF" they TRULY "LOVE THE LORD!@"
      Blessings

17. jackclee lm profile image81

It is too early to say. i will wait and see. Obamacare is unsalvageable in my opinion. Please read Trump's Contract with America. It is only 2 pages.

18. profile image56

Well we all have "an opinion" to which we are entitled but IF one is going to "portray" they are "for the people,"  they have to eat "hot air" and prove by doing the "right thing!"

And so it is with CHRIST!

Blessings

19. jackclee lm profile image81

Amen to that. Have a nice day!

20. profile image56

You as well!

Blessings

working