My 5th anniversary with hp

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Good Guy profile image84
    Good Guyposted 9 years ago

Just got the message from Admin that I have reached my 5th year anniversary with HP.  If not for the Google Panda change, I would have reached my 2 million page views as well.  Now the elusive 2 million is 39,000 away which will take another month.  I am not satisfied with my total hubs which stands at 206.  If not for the stringent "word count" control of Hp, I would have written much more. 

You know, if your article has less than 1000 words, the chances are that it will not be featured. And I don't want my account to have any unfeatured hub.  All my hubs are featured.  I simply delete hubs that are not featured.  Articles with less than 1000 words may not necessarily mean substandard, but Hp insisted. 

Be that as it may, I am very happy to be with Hp all these years.  A major part of my life revolves around Hp, as I am retired.

CHEERS!

1. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

congrats on your 5 years anniversary, i had been here 5.5 years already and i only delete those unpublished hubs, i have a lot of hubs less than 1000words but still featured, i guess it is the title and traffic

Good Guyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have a number of featured hubs with less than 1000 words.  They are the earlier hubs.  Lately, I found that whenever my hubs were less than 1000 words, they would be rejected until I increased them to more than 1000 words.   I shall try and test again.

2. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on 5 years on HP!

Thanks colorfulone

3. Stacie L profile image85
      Stacie Lposted 9 years agoin reply to this

5 years is a major achievement. Congratulations on your many views and future earnings! big_smile

Thanks for the encouragement, Stacie

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Same here. Plus, I need the money.

Been an interesting ride, hasn't it? big_smile

Hi paradigmsearch,
        It's good pocket money.  If not for the Panda change, I would be happier!

5. Christy Kirwan profile image93
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Happy Hubbiversary! 200+ Hubs is a pretty staggering achievement. smile

Hi Christy,
        An honor to have your comment here.  Thanks Christy..

6. tlcs profile image63
      tlcsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well achieved! Congrats on staying loyal!

Hi Trudy,
        Thank you.  Always loyal to Hp for it has given me more meaning to life and to live.

7. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Good Guy. May you have many more years with HubPages.
      http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8257020.jpg

Hi Grace,
        That's lots of balloons!  Thank you for your best wishes.

2. Lisa HW profile image60
    Lisa HWposted 9 years ago

Happy Fifth HP Anniversary.  HP has been a big part of my online-writing life as well - not because I've been retired, but because I've kind of seen it (and some of the other online writing) as a wise investment in time that I might be glad I made when/if I ever do go into "retirement mode". In the meantime (and besides that) , it's never a bad idea for a person/writer  to keep up with "Internet doings".

Thank you Lisa.

3. Hicks Days profile image56
    Hicks Daysposted 9 years ago

Happy 5th anniversary! smile

Thanks Hicks Days

4. Shades-of-truth profile image83
    Shades-of-truthposted 9 years ago

Good Guy, congratulations! That is quite a testament to your abilities and your perseverance!

Hi Emily,
      It's both  fun and challenging.  Fun because I can see my effort being read 24/7 globally, and pocket money for me too.  Challenging because I need to find topics to write, and to ensure I write interesting hubs that can be featured.
      Thanks for your encouragement..

1. Shades-of-truth profile image83
        Shades-of-truthposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My comment to you was well-deserved. You have put a lot of effort in, here!

5. aesta1 profile image92
    aesta1posted 9 years ago

May you have more productive years here.

Hi aesta1,

Sure I will.  Just completed another hub, but not published yet.  Thanks for your wishes.  May you enjoy yourself too, especially in Hanoi!!

1. sallybea profile image80
        sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Good Guy
        Congratulations, five years is a fantastic achievement.  Keeping that number of hubs up to-date is no mean feat.  It can be a challenge to keep even a small number of hubs fresh and up to-date all the time. May you go from strength to strength.

Hi Sally
          Yes i shall go from strength to strength. Hope you too. Thanks.

6. advicequeen1 profile image60
    advicequeen1posted 9 years ago

wow

WOW!  LOL!!

7. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Cheers to you, Good Guy. Congratulations on your 5th Anniversary with HP. You've done quite well as you have reached this very special milestone. And that approaching 2 million views (wow!) will be here in no time. I like how you have maintained your focus and good attitude on a journey that is often frustrating as you mentioned. You are a great hubber role model.

Hi Janis,
      Very nice to hear from you again.  It's Hubbers like you that make writing in Hp fun and educational.  Thanks again Janis.  You have a nice day.

8. Gerhard Homveld profile image60
    Gerhard Homveldposted 9 years ago

Congrats on being on HubPages for 5 years, and good luck on your 2-million views milestone - that's a very good accomplishment!

Thanks Gerhad.  Hope you enjoy writing here, just like me.

9. Barbara Kay profile image74
    Barbara Kayposted 9 years ago

Congratulations! I hope you are here for many more years.

Hi Barbara,
      I shall be here until I'm gone forever or incapacitated.   LOL!

10. Uzochukwu Mike profile image74
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years ago

Am very happy for you because it is not an easy achievement. But how many payouts since then.

Hi Uzochukwu Mike,
      I receive payout every month.

1. ologsinquito profile image76
        ologsinquitoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations. I've always liked your hubs. They were among the first I read before I signed up here.

I am flattered!  LOL!  Thanks ologsinquito

11. advicequeen1 profile image60
    advicequeen1posted 9 years ago

I would love to page views like that,what does it take

Hi advicequeen1 ,
      It takes passion, time, hard work, sense of humor, effort, and many others. Hope you have all the above.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)