jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

If Top level security clearance is granted to Trumps 4 children, is that a confl

1. Shyron E Shenko profile image81
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 17 months ago

If Top level security clearance is granted to Trumps 4 children, is that a conflict of interest?

I heard that Donald Trump has already asked for top level security clearance for his 4 adult children and I believe this is wrong and a conflict of interest, especially having the children continuing Trump Industries. Is this a conflict of interest?

2. Paul Kuehn profile image95
    Paul Kuehnposted 17 months ago

It would be a conflict of interest if Trump's children continued with Trump industries.  If they were not, it would be alright.  Didn't President John F. Kennedy's brother Robert Kennedy have the position of Attorney General in JFK's administration?

1. vwriter profile image93
      vwriterposted 17 months agoin reply to this

You are right Robert Kennedy was the Attorney General in JFK's admin. But after JFK's death they did create a law that restricted having family members within the admin.

2. Shyron E Shenko profile image81
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Thank you Paul and Vwriter for your comments. I did read that the latest nepotism laws prohibit family members from serving in the president's administration. And Trump Industries will continue to be run by the Trump children.

3. Alternative Prime profile image76
    Alternative Primeposted 17 months ago

Hi Shyron ~ Here's the Bottom LINE in terms of Legalities ~ If Donald reaches OUR White House, which is still a OPEN Question Considering OUTSTANDING Petitions Against him, Pending Law SUITs etc, Trump's Children need to be "PURGED Entirely" ~ ~ Moreover, Trump must LIQUIDATE ALL his Assets & place the Proceeds in a REAL "Blind TRUST" to Satisfy Moral, Ethical & Legal Requirements of "CONFLICT of Interest" as it relates to his current holdings ~ If this is Accomplished, there are still INNUMERABLE & Perhaps Insurmountable "CONFLICTs" in waiting to be Resolved, like Trump Company's OUTSTANDING Loans to CHINA which as Reported, equal approx. 1 BILLION ~

1. Shyron E Shenko profile image81
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Hi AP, thanks for commenting this is exactly what I was thinking, but thought I was dreaming when I heard it. I sure hope the petition works correctly. Hillary got 2 million more votes than trump.

4. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 17 months ago

Top secret clearance is what is required to gain access to very sensitive information, such as the travel plans of the President (which could be used in attacks on him) to negotiation points.
    I would say that Trump bringing in several family members, notably a son in law, for various positions is certainly cronyism. However, it is not a conflict of interest if they are doing the jobs and need that information to do the jobs.
    For example, whether the family is in the military or working for defense contractors, I've seen multiple relatives have clearance because they were in the same line of work that required it.

1. Alternative Prime profile image76
      Alternative Primeposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Only 1 Slight Problem with your Assumption Tamara, there's a LAW which PROHIBITs Family Members from working within the Administration, that includes a "SON in Law" ~

working