jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What authority does the President Elect have?

1. peoplepower73 profile image93
    peoplepower73posted 14 months ago

What authority does the President Elect have?

President Elect Trump has already made policy with a major corporation and talked to many heads of states. Is the "President Elect"  even an official office without being sworn in as President of  the United States. Can the President Elect make policy without congress' approval?

2. lovemychris profile image60
    lovemychrisposted 14 months ago

something very odd and disconcerting going on. trump is acting like hes already king..er/ahh president, and obama has been silent. obama went on facebook to appeal to people not to let r's take away aca...as if hes not allowed to talk or make decisions on national stage. also, heard the dems were urging obama to push for something before he leaves, but paul ryan said theyd rather wait for new administration cause they can work together better...as if obama doesnt even exist. i know one thing: i make a solemn vow to treat trump and his supporters with the same respect and concern that they have shown to obama and his supporters. amen!

1. Shyron E Shenko profile image81
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 14 months agoin reply to this

I am with you Leslie!  The man? Who got less votes, the king and his court jesters are all set to rip our country to shreds.

2. lovemychris profile image60
      lovemychrisposted 14 months agoin reply to this

yes, and no one will tell the emperor he has no clothes. could be very very bad for you if you do....

3. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 14 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13303460_f260.jpg

none. The deal with Carrier was done by Pence, Trump just taking credit for it . The other 'deal' was a fake, no job loss at car factory.  It's just window dressing.

4. dianetrotter profile image73
    dianetrotterposted 14 months ago

People, I have wondered the same thing.  I think there is something going on that we don't know abouot.  If it is, it is unfair for citizenships to be held hostage to whatever is going on in the background.  Fishy, fishy!

5. Shyron E Shenko profile image81
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 14 months ago

The "president elect" will make his own authority, by hook or crook, and he has already started to shred contracts and burn bridges between countries.
    He can make policy without the Democratic Congress approval, because they have absolute power and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    No one party should have Total Power.  Especially with the dictator that was just given such power.

1. lovemychris profile image60
      lovemychrisposted 14 months agoin reply to this

turns out he wants to build luxury condos in taiwan..surprise, huh?ivanka has an ongoing business deal in japan, and she sat in on meeting. this is so corrupt, its ridiculous.kushner wrote aipac speech, has start-ups in israel. even palin say crony!

working