jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Will race relations grow better under a Trump presidency? Or will they decline f

1. Larry Slawson profile image99
    Larry Slawsonposted 14 months ago

Will race relations grow better under a Trump presidency? Or will they decline further?

It is often asserted by the media and college campuses that a Trump presidency will destroy all the progress made in race relations over the last 50+ years.  But do you think this is true? 

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13305582_f260.jpg

2. profile image58
    Norine Williamsposted 14 months ago

No!

You're going to see Trump "backtracking" a lot of his statement when he takes office!  He's doing so already! 

As for me (a Black 66 year old woman), I can't see very much change in race relations (I know I'm going to get a lot of flack here), it's just that discrimination is done more subtly now!  We're still being "lynched" but not from trees!

For example:  I'm in the real estate business and do you know that taxes on compatible properties in non-minority areas are assessed at a higher value causing minorities to pay higher taxes on homesteads? 

Don't try to purchase insurance?  First question: What's your "zip code?"   

Subtly!

This only scratches a "minute" surface!  I could go on and on!  I tell TRUTH!

One think I like about Donald Trump (and I may have said it before on HP), he doesn't give a ****, he tells TRUTH (which is more than I can so for MOST) whether we like it or not!  I guess one can do that when he has as much money to get him out of trouble for doing so!

But President Trump is going to be a different man!  He will "appear" he is "for the people" or he had better because the entire world's eyes are upon him!

My greatest fear with President Trump is his ability to maintain peace "Internationally!"

I pray for our President!

1. profile image58
      Norine Williamsposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for selecting TRUTH as "best answer!" 
      "Subtly" so "Subtly!" 
      GOD Bless You!
      Pray!

3. tamarawilhite profile image93
    tamarawilhiteposted 14 months ago

Ending the constant identity politics and "blame whites and men for everything" will help race relations.

working