jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is your biggest fear about artificial intelligence?

1. David Branagan profile image97
    David Branaganposted 14 months ago

What is your biggest fear about artificial intelligence?

It's been the topic of movies and TV series over the past few years. How would you feel about a fully conscious A.I.?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13327277_f260.jpg

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 14 months ago

Many of these AIs are programmed by far left wing / liberal programmers. I'm concerned that we'll end up with machines making decisions based on their biases, but it is presented as unbiased because it is made by a computer. I'm an engineer, so I know the weights given to variables by people and inputs in AI training have serious impact on the results.
    Imagine the people who already set up the quality of life years metric to say "don't bother with mammograms and cancer treatment in the old" assigning an even lower value to the life of the elderly because "we'll be closer to liberal utopia when all the old conservatives die".
    End result - the AI recommending treatment says here's pain pills, go home and don't come back. And the doctor is bound to it, because federal health programs require you to do the cost effective solution/government approved one.
    The Soviet Union said those who didn't see that they lived in paradise had sluggish schizophrenia. Now imagine psychology departments that already say conservatives are crazy and all smart, rational and educated people are liberal not just writing the diagnostic manual but programming the tests for determining on one's legal competence and saying, "I'm not biased, the computer just agrees with me, no gun or children for you." The severe bias in the liberal arts is even worse for psychology to the point they are very extreme and can't see that they are.

It’s finally out–The big review paper on the lack of political diversity in social psychology
    http://heterodoxacademy.org/2015/09/14/ … diversity/

You get "fake news" reports of content that the mainstream media didn't report like Wikileaks and Project Veritas info, and all these "we'll just automate it with an algorithm" solutions use the decisions already in the database from these liberally biased tech companies. Take the AI behind the Google search engine and give it a few more years of data with liberal mobs going through flagging everything conservative as hate speech, fake news, unacceptable - to the point the AIs will never again present those sites as top 10 rankings if not ban them.

1. lisavollrath profile image95
      lisavollrathposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Is there anything in your world that ISN'T a liberal conspiracy?

3. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 14 months ago

I think my biggest fear of AI is that it will come to a logical conclusion that mankind is intent upon harming itself and its planet. Wouldn't that cause the AI to want to take control, in order to preserve the planet and human life? We could end up being ruled by our machines.

1. David Branagan profile image97
      David Branaganposted 14 months agoin reply to this

This is pretty much what I would fear. If AI's were programmed to protect humans, then they may protect us through control. This actually reminds me of a few scfi movies!

working