What is your biggest fear from the Russians? Seems all we hear about lately.

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (228 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image88
    RJ Schwartzposted 7 years ago

What is your biggest fear from the Russians?  Seems all we hear about lately.

The media is actually publishing stories that cite a reported, third-party, unnamed source that claims they have a secret CIA investigation document that flat out says the Russians are at fault for Clinton's loss.  Does that sound just a bit fishy to anyone else?  So, what's your biggest concern about President Putin and the Russians? 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13316573_f260.jpg

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image81
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 7 years ago

No one worried when Obama was making promises to Putin did they? I believe there is at least one more of these maybe directly to Putin. But the left just overlooks what is clearly facts. Let them stop this electoral process and they may see who is speaking; Putin or the American people! As is we haven't said enough, but maybe they need a reminder. Hillary should be in jail and Trump is our president! https://youtu.be/4JpPU-SwcbE

1. lovemychris profile image74
      lovemychrisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

remember when your peotus mocked clinton for not having press conferences? he hasnt had one in months. and he just skipped out on another one. can someone plz mock him? its a matter of principle.

2. The Old Guard profile image61
      The Old Guardposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Leslie,
      Thanks goes to your candidate, hillary killary, for being so stupid as to 1)try and rig the primaries 2) leaving herself open so her corruption could b exposed for all to see.
      hillary killary takes all the credit for losing

3. lovemychris profile image74

#1she had nothing to do with what dnc did or did not do in primaries. she had plenty enough on her plate.
      #2.whether or not she used private server, her privacy was invaded.thats a crime. she showed tax returns...more than your guy did.

4. RJ Schwartz profile image88
      RJ Schwartzposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Leslie - try giving President Trump a chance.  Obstructionism and angst aren't going to change the fact that he destroyed Hillary and her billion dollar machine.

5. lovemychris profile image74

oh please....with the right wing talking points. im giving him a chance. so far? f-

6. Misfit Chick profile image77
      Misfit Chickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. F- Trump cares not about unifying our country. Learn more about 'the left', Jackie. Obama is the most conservative Dem that's been in the office - and he gets banged hard by 'the left' for being skiddish about GOP & walking the fence.

7. lovemychris profile image74

yes, hes too busy mocking the majority who did not vote for him, just like his followers.

8. Shushanik profile image82
      Shushanikposted 7 years agoin reply to this

B.Clinton wanted friendship with Russia. Failed. G.Bush wanted friendship with Russia. Failed. Obama wanted "Russian reset".Failed. U.S.presidents,stop being naive!The problem obviously isn't in the White House administration.The problem is in Russia

9. lovemychris profile image74

yes, why he likes trump is the question, isnt it? couldnt be because his girlfriend vacations with ivanka, could it?

3. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 7 years ago

The fear of Russia is unfounded. I went to Russia twice when I was working for IBM. The Russian people are hard working and they want the same things for their families. It is the leaders that are screwing things up. When the iron wall came down, Russia has blossomed under some free enterprises. They have a long way to go but they are not to be feared.
    I fear Iran and ISIS and North Korea more...

no one fears the russian people. its the iron heart putin, who is sending militias to shoot women and children to death in the bombed out allepo. and i believe trumps coup gave him the assurance there would be no repraisals from usa.

2. jackclee lm profile image80
      jackclee lmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It is Obama who decided to sit this out and allow Putin to walk in...
      What has this got to do with Trump? He is not even in office yet.
      I see the Trump Derangement Syndrome has kept you from thinking straight.

trumps own pick, gen kelly, said that putin has gone back to cold war tactics. one if them is placing his people in power, is it not? trump is one of them. and if u fear iran, whos their buddy?? fear n korea, why poke china? after allepo, its clear.

Obama and his continued accusations about Putin are pushing us back into a COLD WAR scenario - there is zero proof of Russian involvement - if there was, we'd already be at war.  Its a political stunt and its backfiring

oh  i guess u missed it. obama said trump will pay....in his time and at his discretion. wonder if you see yourself, ralph?.....everyone is wrong, but trump. you got it baaaaad. gen kelly, 2015: "putin is using cold war tactics." trump is bought.

6. RJ Schwartz profile image88

sorry - I don't read the Huffington Post or MSNBC.  Your hatred of Trump or more likely, your anger at Hillary losing has made talking to you like trying to teach an Arab how to be a Christian.....

general kelly is trumps cabinet pick. are you saying he doesnt know what hes talking about, too? who is it you listen to? kelly: putin using cold war tactics. our intel says its russia. why you dont believe it?

8. RJ Schwartz profile image88
    9. Oztinato profile image76
      Oztinatoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Here is a link to a brand new news item about the kind of oppression put into place by Putin :
      http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/kaz … ailsignout

4. Old-Empresario profile image71
    Old-Empresarioposted 7 years ago

I think I speak for most ordinary Americans when I say we aren't worried about Russia. The US government needs an opponent to justify high military budgets in wartime and Russia is always their option. Plus I think American politicians get off on dealing with Russia as an adversary.

you dont speak for me. roaming streets to kill civilians is not my cup of tea. dont get me wrong, we do plenty despicable stuff, too. but when one side in war concedes and you keep killing them anyway, that kind of ruthless is deserving of worry.

2. The Old Guard profile image61

Leslie, the demoncraps roam the streets and kill civilians - hired thugs to disrupt Trump rallies.
      You ever going to get scared of those lying, cheating demoncraps or you going to remain blind?
      LOL - facts don't support you Leslie.
      HAHAHAHAHA

became one in 04.....surely not done w them yet. but, if they go too much like trump (white identity), i'm out.

4. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Leslie, what is that (white identity) thing you mention?

they want democrats to focus on "white working class men", rather than blacks, women, gays, immigrants, poor. i even saw a clip of tim ryan on fox! sanders went to "trump country" in wi to play to them. im with mothers of the movement. thats dem!

6. profile image0

Leslie, I'm not sure I agree with you on that.  I have seen no actual evidence or facts relating to what you are thinking.  If it is true, it is wrong.  But I think you will find you are worried about nothing.

well, i watched an interview w ryan..he said "we abandoned white working...ah/er i mean black, women, all working people". he wants wwm to be all that matters, thats imo. sanders..ask blacks in vermont....white identity. and male first. just imo

8. The Old Guard profile image61

The wonderful thing about Leslie, she never lets facts influence her beliefs.
      It's all biased and bigoted, it will never change.
      Christ could walk among us, and if he was white or a member of the GOP, she'd find fault with Him.
      Rock on........

actually, about christ....there was magazine in 80's-90's called omni. once had article in there..said sweating blood can only be done by women. years later, read can be both sexes. but this whole thing about the one whom jesus loved...curious.

10. harveyoatmeal profile image55
      harveyoatmealposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Great

11. lovemychris profile image74

they say secrets are hidden in paintings...i first noticed it with self portraits. all these wealthy aristocrats seemed to be giving hand signs! and, if you study the last supper by michaelangelo...one of those 2 is a woman...christ, or john. imo

12. RJ Schwartz profile image88

Hidden secrets in painting?  What about tin foil hats and UFO's - let's get all conspiracy in the house!

13. lovemychris profile image74

well, if you want to....trump does the 666 hand ALL the time. both hands. at once.

14. Patrica Garcia profile image53
      Patrica Garciaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

(HOW I WAS CURED TOTALLY WITH HERBAL MEDICINE)
      Am Garcia Patrica from USA.., June 2011,my mother was diagnosed of COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)and chronic pancreatitis , my family doctor  said there is no cure i was so desperate for a

15. RJ Schwartz profile image88

don't troll my thread - another post like that one and I start deleting and reporting your shining new account

16. lovemychris profile image74

btw, just released result of foia requst: comey had no idea what was in those weiner e-mails letter 2 chaffets.it was a ruse to make hillary look guilty of something. for trump. breibart boyz and guliani...and putin. donald knew. hes a real sleaze.

5. crankalicious profile image88
    crankaliciousposted 7 years ago

It's shocking that people would be apologists for Russia. That shows a profound lack of awareness about Putin and what his country does. Above all, we are Americans, and should defend our institutions and our way of life.

Putin operates Russia as a dictatorship. He murders his political enemies. He invades other countries. He's helping Syria slaughter innocent people. We, as Americans, oppose Russia and the way they conduct themselves because we support freedom and they don't. We are a democracy and they aren't. Our people are free to do as they choose and free to say what they want and the Russian people aren't. We are free to criticize our government and they are not free to criticize theirs.

And now, all of the U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded that Russia interfered in our presidential election. That should send cold shivers down the spine of any person who regards him or herself as a patriot. Making excuses for Russia's behavior is just fundamentally and historically anti-American.

yeah, but they helped trump, so that's ok.

2. claptona profile image62
      claptonaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

smile

3. crankalicious profile image88
      crankaliciousposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Anybody who would take the side of an enemy of his country's values because it helped him personally would, by definition, be a traitor.

4. profile image0

Crankalicious, would that also apply to Obama with the Muslims?

bannon,flynn,tillerson,manafort,guliani, comey,jill stein twitter-storming for donald...on twitter, some wonder about sanders/putin connection.he deffo hurt hillary and dem party. kgb..the guys always calm. i bet he had massage while allepo screaming

6. crankalicious profile image88
      crankaliciousposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Mike: false equivalency. And that's not the question. The question is "are you concerned with Russia's interference into our election and should we do anything about it?" If you think it's just fine, then it's traitorous. Encourage it? Criminal.

7. tamarawilhite profile image86
      tamarawilhiteposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No, only the CIA via vague leaks, no specific proof.

8. Misfit Chick profile image77
      Misfit Chickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, 17 intelligence agencies really did say Russia was behind hacking http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli … /92514592/ The kicker? Trump KNEW ahead & twisted to his favor.

anonymous says they have proof russia hacked into voting machines. watch 'anonymous to trump'...they took down ukraine's electrical grid. remember usa/israel stuxnet? its not hard if u know what u doing!

10. NCOutdoors profile image64
      NCOutdoorsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Libs lie all the time. Even worst case, if the Russians did hack those emails, all they TRULY did was expose the truth in the Clinton emails about her disdain for people, cheating her own party/ Bernie Sanders, etc.

so its ok w you that russia hacked, cause it was the dnc.

12. Rock_nj profile image91
      Rock_njposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ends justify the means Leslie?  Nice to see that you live by principles.

13. lovemychris profile image74

confused. are you on trump's side, or mine?

14. wrenchBiscuit profile image69
      wrenchBiscuitposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Gee, it sounds like your describing the good ol' USA. Do you realize the Colonialists murdered over 100 million Indigenous people, and enslaved millions of Africans so they could have McDonalds,Monsanto, and Pat Robertson?

15. lovemychris profile image74

now they want to merge with gazprom. we see who they murdered for that.... i find it clear, after trump goes on rampage about berlin killings, but says nothing about east allepo/palestine/burma/iraq...its clear who is important, and who is expendable

6. Misfit Chick profile image77
    Misfit Chickposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13319354_f260.jpg

I wouldn't put much weight onto a third party without further proof. Anyone could have effected this election; and it was probably a variety of sources. Comey's last-minute interferance, for instance, was probably an 'inside job'.

However, if Russia was really attempting to effect this election - it probably started out with a simple, 'Let's see what we can find within both the RNC & DNC servers' that we can use. Since they like GOP stances better and HATE the Dems, they would have been looking for a way to 'sway' things that way. I don't think they intentionally hacked into our voting process. That would have been a more 'direct' act of war if they would have been caught. But, 'maybe' releasing Hillary's emails thru Wikileaks isn't enough for the US to get up in arms about.

In any case, the Russians as well as other sources within our own country were probably all contributing to fake news, etc. Its not that hard to tap into populists that consist of mostly angry white men (both Bernie supporters & right-wing GOP): just continue to skewer Hillary every way you can (despite that her scandals are not nearly as bad as male politicians before her (Petreus for 1) - poke her misogynistic haters!

PLUS, the Russians are as aware of US history as anyone else. Since they consider us to be a threat, they probably know the history of our elections & country better than most Americans - and provoking right-wing Christian militants is a time-honored tradition for the Republican Party. (Trump knows this, too - is why he pandered to them.)

Those were the two easiest groups to provoke: misogynistic white men & right-wing Christians (the MINORITY of Christians in this country). Everyone else who was sick of the BS stayed home instead of voting; but those specific 'groups' came out to make SURE Hillary didn't win.

So, easy win. Congrats again, Trumpsters. I'm really looking foward to seeing what happens over the next four years. I also REALLY really wish the divisions would stop getting deeper.

Good post Catherine

2. tamarawilhite profile image86
      tamarawilhiteposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Back in October in response to conservatives saying voting machines were switching to D from R:
      No, the presidential election can't be hacked
      http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/19/politics/ … explained/

they have since recieved information stating otherwise. should they ignore it? mccain and graham also say they have been hacked by russia. are they all lying?

yes - those two RINOs only care about themselves

so they were not hacked by russia, and neither was the dnc or podesta...is that what youre saying?

When he shows us the evidence.......I've read the story and all he cites is his opinion.  Both the RNC and DNC were hacked when he was running, but it was blamed on CHINA, not Russia

what part if cia, fbi and nsa do you not believe?

Let's see - Harry Reid says Comey and the FBI are all unfit for their jobs, the CIA hired the likes of Snowden, should I continue...

all of which humped for trump....but they are part of the vast right wing, they are not all of america. and, as usual, qui bono? lets see if sanctions r lifted and 500 billion russia/exxon deal goes thru. proxy for exxon, maybe. but same bank account

7. MichaelMcNabb profile image60
    MichaelMcNabbposted 7 years ago

I am afraid that we will go back to believing the Russians are the boogie man and we will start an imaginary "cold" war.  We might dupe millions of tax payers into spending billions of unnecessary dollars funding outrageous military programs.  And ,build a nuclear arsenal just for the sake of entertaining over zealous military generals.  We might then toss in a few unnecessary oil wars.   Place weird evil dictators in power around the globe only to have to come back decades later to mop of our own mess.  All in the name of evil terrorism.  Oh as far as Russians, no they don't scare me a bit, and they shouldn't scare any one else either.

guess you didnt watch as they and assad massacred civilians after a cease fire was in place. stone cold iron heart.

2. Murthyraju profile image57
      Murthyrajuposted 7 years agoin reply to this

May be this is for more activy to yhink

now a labour mp says russia interfered in the brexit situation, uk..."we will bury you without firing a shot"--krushev...and who called this out? hillary clinton!

Leslie - how many civilians did Obama kill with his drone attacks?

not as many as the civilians putin has slaughtered in allepo....after a cease fire was declared. drones are meant to target terrorists. putin/assad target civilians. is that the "strenght" trump admires?

Not as many....isn't an answer.  Drones are meant to kill indiscriminately - stop with the fake intelligence assessment you keep preaching

drones are meant to be specific.target terrorists.and yes, they have made many mistakes, and horrible ones.but assad and putin are targeting civilians after a cease fire was called.people i read call it genocide.now they bomb refugee camps.brutes!

8. Kathleen Cochran profile image80
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

President Trump.

HubPages:  Sometimes there is nothing else to say.  You like words just for the sake of words.  I don't.  My two words say all that needs to be said.

like maxwell smart used to say....
      "not so fast...."

2. RJ Schwartz profile image88

And the results are in - only 2 faithless electors for Trump...and 4 for Hillary (surprised?) - President Trump is on his way !

no im not surprised. i heard one of the trump electors on the radio....she's mad cause she doesnt have 3 houses like,her father....god, the hardship! rotten america!!

9. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 7 years ago

I am not fearful of an actual military confrontation with Russia.  I think that scenario was always overblown during the cold war days and is overblown today.  In fact, there is evidence that the CIA was instructed to make Russia (Soviet Union back then) seem more ominous militarily than they actually were, to justify higher military and intelligence spending.

I am more fearful that Russia will undermine our democracy and other democracies around the world.  Russia's democracy seems to be quite weak and in some respects democracy in name only.  I don't want them to spread that model to other countries.

hes gained 85 billion since being prez....whats not for trump to emulate? and that putin calls himself orthodox. what a joke.

Since when has a US President ever tried to emulate a foreign leader - America is the top of the geo-political food chain - others emulate us

really? i dont think republicans said that about obama or clinton. they always mocked them, made fun of their "manhood"...portrayed them as "pansies". but w cowboy george and now superman trump..why all thats changed, huh? just wait. payback a  b_tch

America loved Bill Clinton...until he embarrassed the nation by tapping a White House intern or two.  Unfortunately, when Obama goes around subjugating himself to other leaders, that's how he gets perceived...as weak

obama subjugating? you havent paid attention to your boy trump. the cia, nsa, dni, fbi, white house and republican mebers of congress all yell him putin hacked. he says oh no, not my vlad. smh....

10. David Branagan profile image77
    David Branaganposted 7 years ago

Living in Europe, my biggest concern is that their leader will act on his intentions for Russian Federation expansion. Thankfully I live on the opposite side of the continent, although the Baltic states and other neighbouring nations are worried. They are also preparing, an example is Estonia, were they are supporting a nation of insurgents.

i read recently that sweden is now preparing for war w russia! trumps weakness for money is the death of us all.

2. David Branagan profile image77
      David Branaganposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I didn't hear that, Sweden is very neutral, could that be Norway? I heard though that countries which border Russia are buffing up their armies around the border. I think Norway is doing that with its Arctic border. My border is the sea smile

nato's norther flank:sweden, norway, finland....readying for provocation. since big tuff guy trump doesn't like nato, putin feels emboldened. and an emboldened trump is east allepo. crocodile words from trump.hes a gd thug wanna-be. or maybe is one.

Leslie, its amazing how you slant things - they were told to make sure their civil defense strategy was in order - no mention of Russia was in the letter - many feel they are using Russia as an excuse to increase military spending

hmm, somehow i think if youve been around russia, you dont take provocation lightly. putin is increasing his military arsenal in northern arctic...lithuania has been worried for some time. without nato--theyre aleppo. i know if rnc hacked, r's b mad

11. mickshaw555 profile image61
    mickshaw555posted 7 years ago

I think President Putin has a dubious past and he's controlling the country's media to an extent where the outside world is blanked from the ground realities in Russia at the moment.

As regards the claims of Putin manipulating the US elections, I think it's untrue. Basically Americans are embarrassed to own up they voted in Trump, hence they're ready to believe any co piracy theory which gets the blame or responsibility of electing Trump, if you will, off their shoulders.

well, the cia, fbi, dni and 17 intel agencies say russia hacked, and putin directed it. you can choose not to believe them...but i see it as putin getting his 500 billion dollar deal, and the green ligh for aggression around the world. OWNS trump,imo

you mean 2 agencies...16 of those 17 are all under one umbrella and speak with one voice - do your homework and stop trying to use trickery talking points by the O'Blamer administration

usic certain russia hacked, and putin directed it. face the fact your man is traitor.

I call BS - ALL the evidence used comes from private security companies (who sell cyber-security services) - the 2 agencies used the mostly circumstantial evidence for talking points - BUT there is NO published report and nothing BEFORE the election

dnc was hacked before the election. who do you suppose gained by leaking that info? comey released bogus letter before election
      how come guliani knew about it?manafort new things beforehand, too.he has direct ties with russia.and our intel are SURE

6. Ewent profile image67
      Ewentposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Trump owes Russian loan sharks. Putin used that as a "way in" to the US government. The Russians and the Republicans are doubling up on Trump and this very very very egotistical man is oblivious. Moscovite Russians are laughing at Putin using Trump.

12. profile image0
    PeterStipposted 7 years ago

It's not Russia you have to fear but Trump. Putin has Trump in his pocket.
    Trump just chose a Secretary of State who is the director of an US-Russian oil company. This smells of Russian interference in the heart of the US government and it smell like corrupt politicians too.

yes! and keep digging! practically all of his appointments are good for vlad. this is a mf'ng coup!

2. profile image0
      PeterStipposted 7 years agoin reply to this

With Trump neo-liberalism just won the jackpot.

i'd call it alt-right fascism.

you'd only call it that because you don't know anything else other than to attack what you don't agree with.  Don't worry, President Trump will make your life better despite your fighting it!

said by a guy who along w his clique of trump fans, "gave me a shellacking" for supporting hillary. i dont have to do anything but be true to myself. your kind has always tried to stop it. wont ever work.

The next eight years of Trump's presidency might just propel you into a darkness from which there is no escape......

yes, but you'll be fine. thats all that matters.

America will be fine - jobs, cheap energy, illegals deported, the tech giants monopolies broken up, and I expect Term Limits to be passed into law - America First and did I mention JOBS!!!!!

9. Ewent profile image67

It simply is not possible to fear a two year old in an old man's body. WE in NJ are already paying for 6 of his corporate bankruptcies. Trump is a child mentally. You punish bad children with deprivation strategies.

13. old albion profile image60
    old albionposted 7 years ago

Putin is the tops in political tactics, like it or not. He plays the long game with aplomb. He seems along with his advisers to know just how far to go and when to go. Putin was an officer in the secret police, he thinks as a secret policeman, he thinks of Russia first and last. He has no interest in friendship only expansion. Soon he will move into eastern Europe, when he feels the time is right. Appeasement always fails, please remember; A Lion cares nothing for the opinion of a lamb.
    Graham.

perfectly stated. and he needs weaklings. or can better state, knows people's weakness. then he can use them.

2. profile image0

Yep Trump got more then he bargained for. He's no match for Putin. Putin will tease Trump and try him out. He will easily outmaneuver Trump as Putin thinks like a politician and Trump doesn't

well,there's already an agent who says putin has been grooming trump for 5 years.i do know i read that russians bailed trump out of financial difficulties when no one else would.and i know trump chose as sos a man who has $500 billion deal w vlad.

Speculation and democrat rhetoric - show us some real evidence instead of "supposedly" "I heard," or "a source said...."

sure, as soon as you prove hillary and barack arranged benghazi, hillary deliberately put america in danger, and 3 million illegals voted illegally.

Oh wait - wasn't it an old YouTube video that got him killed?  On 9/11?  Who blames an attack on a video...an old one at that?

14. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 7 years ago

Weapons of Mass Destruction all over again.  The crisis in Syria is all about control of the oil - period.  That's what Iraq was about, that's what all the bombings of countries recently has been about and the US govt. has interfered in elections all over the world.  It's time for us to quit listening to propaganda, band together as a people and clean our own house, but as long as "they" can keep us divided and fighting each other it will never happen.  The govt. will continue to fleece the people and get us into more conflicts and wars and people will blindly follow as they always have.

1. REALfoodie profile image78
      REALfoodieposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes. It's the same old fearmongering we heard before they invaded Iraq. WELL SAID.

2. lovemychris profile image74

wall street journal: the fable of edward snowden..
      oh ho ho....the treason never stops. guess who arranged for ole eddy to go to russia in 2013?  why, ole putin and ole  julian assange! and whove they got ♡♡ with? why, ole donald f'ing trump. arrest

3. My Esoteric profile image87
      My Esotericposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Actually, the official intel community, told Bush their info was suspect. Bush chose 2 believe otherwise. Just frm reading the newspapers, I had serious dbts about what Bush was saying. 

Intel thinks hacking is real. Trump has to believe Putin now.

4. Ewent profile image67

The budget of the US contains 57% of funding for defense. Now. Take a look at the state that gets 52% of that 57%...Virginia. In effect, every tax dollar you pay to the fed ends up in part in that 57%. Yet, it is the big businesses who pay no taxes.

15. REALfoodie profile image78
    REALfoodieposted 7 years ago

Fishy? Try sinister. Remember when Trump said the election was rigged and Obama told him to "stop whining" and Hillary told him to accept the electoral results? Amazing how fast their tunes changed after Trump won, isn't it? The question is WHY? Maybe because over a billion dollars was spent on DNC campaign and Hillary lost, and now the "puppet masters" who contributed BIG MONEY are really angry. Imagine- these people made a heavy investment in return for favors, and now they've got nothing to show for it. Ouch. I live overseas and I can smell the DNC's desperation across the Atlantic. This is no longer a left vs. right thing- it goes much deeper. It's more than obvious that the elitists behind the DNC don't want Trump. Again, the question is WHY? I am not a conspiracy theorist, but anyone capable of objectivity and critical thought can sense there is something wrong and much more complex going on here.

As for Putin- like him or not- he is a "no nonsense" serious head of state- not a drama queen. He's got a cool head where politics are concerned, and he's already expressed his desire to work in alliance with whomever is the next US president. I don't think we have to worry about Russia. Putin knows he's being used as a scapegoat in this game, and he's just waiting to see the outcome. Remember, this is an ex KGB man. Nerves of steel. Not a reactionary idiot, but someone with intense military training. Cool head.

wrong. he said there would be ww3 if we elect hillary. all kinds of pro trump in russian media. they very happy. and why not? sanctions lifted, $500 bill for vlad, freedom to take what want....plenty for them to celebrate w dumpy. world loses. imo

16. Ceegen profile image66
    Ceegenposted 7 years ago

I'm afraid the Russians will hack my HubPages account and post fake news with it.

trump will scour the internet to get back at his nonbeliebers....and woe unto legit journalists who spoke against him. he cant take criticism.and now, thanks to america, he wont have to. joy.

Jack Dorsey, Mark Zuckerberg, Google - these are the ones shutting down free speech by trying to control it - Jack is already going down

yes. google for sure. but you can add hubpages too. and people here dont seem to care. "its a business, it can do what it wants". so, business trumps free speech! everything must be tempered, but as always: mob mentality rules. speech loses to pc.

17. Shushanik profile image82
    Shushanikposted 7 years ago

I am originally from Ukraine, where Russia already have invaded (annexed) part of the country and actually participates in war against Ukraine (though officially it denies its involvement, but there are many proofs that Russia is actively supports rebels and is sending Russian troops there). So my biggest fear is that Russia won't stop bullying neighboring countries and will attack Baltic states, which are part of NATO. A conflict between NATO and Russia could potentially lead to the Third World War.

Also Russia supports (and have always supported) dictators and authoritarian regimes; they are friends with Assad, Kim Jong-un, Castro and other bad guys around the world. Basically, because of Russia's help North Korea now has nuclear weapons...

thank you. its not a good thing that russia is now hooked into our gvt!

Russia isn't to be feared - they are broke from poor oil revenue

putin's not broke. he's the richest man in the world. which explains trump's fawning devotion. what usa peotus insults sitting potus, loves a foreign dictator?

4. Shushanik profile image82
      Shushanikposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ralph, Russia is broke mostly because of U.S. and EU sanctions. Trump wanted to lift them. That concerns me. Also I am concerned that Trump is proposing pro-Russian Putin's friend as a Secretary of State.

18. My Esoteric profile image87
    My Esotericposted 7 years ago

There is no doubt in any national security agency that has studied the matter that Putin, personally, was involved in the propaganda campaign against Clinton.  Both the CIA and the FBI are adamant on this point and are telling the President and Congress this is true.

But Trump knows better, they are all lying; it never happened; his friend Putin wouldn't do such a thing. LOL.

Am I afraid of Putin, you betcha'.  He has been extremely aggressive to extend his power and gain control over the territory the Soviet Union lost.  He invaded and annexed Crimea and parts of Ukraine and Georgia.  He is cyber-attacking the hell out of Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Montenegro, and to some extent, Finland.  He risked a hot war with the United States by moving militarily into Syria.

Further, in about a month the world with have two narcissistic xenophobic alpha males bumping and thumping chests.  Neither has any impulse control, although between the two, Putin seems to have more.  Both see war as a solution.  Putin is a dictator and Trump wants to be.

You betcha' I am worried.

yes, and now this bus murder in berlin, while wikileaks is going after merkel....some people are under the impression that putin plays nice....we are in for a rude awakening here.

2. Rock_nj profile image91
      Rock_njposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's all about world oil politics.  Russia and Putin need higher oil prices.  The green movement in the US ran counter to that goal.  Now Putin has a friend in the White House and likely as Sec of State of the US to move his agenda forward.

3. RJ Schwartz profile image88

Yes - Putin hates Hillary and made it clear, Assange hates Hillary and made it clear with leaked e-mails, that's not in dispute.

4. lovemychris profile image74

its also clear trump followers dont care what was done to an american candidate for prez by a foreign power.
      dont cry when it happens to you.

5. RJ Schwartz profile image88

Leslie - all politics aside for a minute - just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas!!!

6. lovemychris profile image74

oh thanks ralph...you too! half the presents i ordered online are "out of stock", so tomorrow must do damage control. its all about the little ones. best time of year, ever.

7. RJ Schwartz profile image88

I started way early and finished up a week ago this year....feels really weird.  I can't wait to see the look on my kids faces Sunday !

8. lovemychris profile image74

this is becoming a very tense christmas for me..gritting my teeth a lot. everytime i see the news. honestly, its making very hard feelings towards christians, given their support of trump. turning away. in disgust. its not merry, its forlorn.

19. wrenchBiscuit profile image69
    wrenchBiscuitposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13327484_f260.jpg

I am hopeful that a benevolent alien race will introduce a virus that will, in a metaphorical sense, castrate all of these aggressive and militaristic world leaders, especially those in Washington D.C.. This viral castration of the ego would destroy their will to rule and subjugate others. Instead of sending armies overseas to prosecute their Imperialist ambitions, they would be more concerned with civilized pursuits, such as cultivating marijuana, promoting mass transit, and the opening of more nude beaches throughout the western hemisphere.

the arianni, who met admiral byrd in the north pole. their master said they are safekeeping our treasures for when the bad times are over, and we have learned the futility of war.

2. profile image53
      Sensualityposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Can be done without aliens' help. Just some HRT used on them would be more than enough (only for those who have kids already)

3. profile image0

Strip them of there money and they will have a different perspective towards life.

yes, and their healthcare coverage..and food stamps, welfare, etc. the states that pay most to fed gvt are least represented in electoral college....maybe we should take our marbles and go play elsewhere. blue states of america. own gvt, own morality

5. profile image0

Other way is: start in your own community projects that have a positive effect on the community. Start from the ground up. Don't wait for people to stand up and do something, do it yourself. Start something positive and people will join.

but some things we cant control.like taking away rights, the police state,raising our taxes so the rich pay less...i dont want to live that way!why fight?just go our separate ways.tired of paying more to be spit on! wyoming voter worth 3times more

7. RJ Schwartz profile image88

Blaming the problems of this nation on one party doesn't cut it Leslie - its the Beltway Bandit Theory - Everyone in Washington is Corrupt and contributing to the problem...DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

8. wrenchBiscuit profile image69

Leslie, An effective way of dealing with the police state is to stop giving them money. For instance, tell all of your friends:The next time the donut brigade calls for a handout, tell 'em to just write more tickets if they need extra cash.

trump is hardly draining the swamp. billionaires club! and i used to work for dunkin donuts. there is a button "cop coffee", 10% discount. BUT, i was pulled over for speeding once:go ahead, you work at d and d. pay to play baby!

20. asifahsankhan profile image61
    asifahsankhanposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13328215_f260.jpg

Trump and Hillary— clashed over a claim that hackers tied to the Russian state were trying to influence the election by use of Cyber-attacks (accused by the US, both CIA/FBI claimed as well). But that was just a part of elements of political war against Russia that Western officials have been claiming, blaming, framing and doing for a long time. (Russia = #1 Scapegoat for USA)

If you're asking me, well, I got nothing. I don't and seriously can never hate Russia or the Russians unless the unthinkable happens. For me it's just another (Great) country with "People." And if I shall claim: Most Americans, in general aren't worried that much about Russia. That would be a very complicated truth as well. Why the complication? Because a lot of Americans have this weird "RussoPhobia" that patronage the inevitable sentimental chaos, a diverse spectrum of negative feelings every now and then. Please be my guest to deny that if you can. A dark side that keeps surfacing. Both ordinary Russians, journalists or teachers kept coming around to the same issue: Why does the US hate Russians so much and why does the American press seemingly have nothing good to say about them?

Russia is one of the most hated country in the world, the most overused villain of modern Cinema and widely loathed as it is the most powerful Nuclear weapon manufacturer. The main heir of the collapsed Soviet Union, continues to be seen as an evil country. So any politician down on his luck is more than happy to invoke the ghosts of the Cold War and use Russia as a stepping stone for his failing attempts to stay relevant. What could be simpler? Just get on the Fox news, or if you are more sophisticated, on the pages of New Republic or NYTimes Review of Books, and pontificate about the need to get tough on Russia. You gain immediate access to the deep recesses of the American psyche raised in constant fear of the Evil Empire. The public is yours to take.

Russia may have the money to organise Olympics or buy fancy flats in London, but Russia itself is a far cry from the big nasty "BEAR" that was invading Afghanistan. But the fear: Hypothetically, Russia (or Putin have had enough!) declares WAR (ultimately...) & eventually F*cks us all! —will remain, thanks of the media!

actually, the "media" in usa got me on putins side for many many years. i used to read rt, press tv....always pointing out bad things we do...never russia. and a big part of the alternet in america has gone alt right. but after allepo, no more.

2. asifahsankhan profile image61
      asifahsankhanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I was talking about the Americans, and the major American press, in general.

yes they are complicit in trumps theft of america. he got more free press than god.

4. asifahsankhan profile image61

Yeah, the press ended up giving him the unnecessary attention (which nobody asked for) while attempting to take him out. He took solid advantage of the free publicity. Both good and bad, he used all of it.

please tell me what bad press, and how they attempted to take him out. all i saw was excuses, and "oh thats just the boys club"

6. asifahsankhan profile image61

The more complicated "excuses."

(Trust me, even those little pathetic excuses were more than enough to take several heavy weights and giants down or out of the picture in the past. I'm amazed how they had failed this time.)

7. Ewent profile image67

Actually, back in 2012, Putin was on his way out. He rigged his own Russian election so he would win. When Hillary outed him, he went ballistic and promised he would take her down.

8. asifahsankhan profile image61

@ewentm  — Yes, that's right. Putin never liked her, especially because of that. (But there are some other controversial issues as well)

21. Team Wiseman profile image80
    Team Wisemanposted 7 years ago

Not worried about Russia, but China. They have an army to be reckoned with, loaded with over 1.6 million active duty troops, probably closer to 2 million. And Trump seems to dislike China and will possibly make war with them... not good, not now.

Spot on - in fact, the Chinese have been building up their military strength by a serious amount lately and probing the world in various scenarios to see what happens

2. profile image0
      Hxprofposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, China has the manpower.  Imagine a China-Russia alliance.

3. profile image52
      LoveLABposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The Chinese are now competitors with America in the weapons market. Of course they use American technology to do it. Most American weapons are made in China and only assembled in America!
      The war planes sold to Japan to fight China were made in Chin

22. e-five profile image93
    e-fiveposted 7 years ago

My biggest fear, now that it's known that Putin badly wanted Trump in charge of the US, is that Putin will get everything he wants: He'll get a reduced US committment to NATO, he'll get sanctions pulled, he'll get a lack of solidarity on European defense, he'll be able to do what he did to the US to get Russia-friendly governments installed in Germany and France, and he'll be able to continue to amass massive amounts of money from Russian citizens in the most fully-formed kleptocracy in the history of the world.  The US, under Trump, will just sit on its hands while Putin ransacks the Western World, with Trump looking on in lusty admiration.

yes, and 500 billion to rape the arctic for oil.

Interesting approach e-five - Your speculation about Putin might be right, but I doubt Trump or the EU will simply let Putin take over (but then again the EU is letting Muslim's take over, so who knows)

3. jman00001 profile image64
      jman00001posted 7 years agoin reply to this

My biggest fear is that too many will continue to believe the biased media. The election debates and early media polls showed the media lied and cheated with Clinton against trump. Russia, under Putin, is a major power. Trump can manage them.

23. dreamaserve profile image77
    dreamaserveposted 7 years ago

My biggest fear regarding the Russians, is that America and Europe are not taking Cyber warfare seriously enough. Without safeguarding Governments they will fall prey to room fulls of Russian funded hackers.

Russia is preyed upon by Chinese hackers in higher numbers than you might realize; the Chinese go after energy, heavy industry, military targets.  Why anyone thinks the Russians are after our political parties is an excuse.

2. dreamaserve profile image77
      dreamaserveposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Why do you say the Chinese would prey upon Russia to engage in cyber warfare against the USA? What advantage would that give the Chinese?

3. My Esoteric profile image87

To think the Russians don't have a major interest in changing the outcome of our election ,and to discredit democracy in general, is extremely naive.

4. jackclee lm profile image80
      jackclee lmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What can they do? Did they hack into voting machines? I am glad for wikileaks wherever they may come from. The best disinfectant is sunshine.

5. My Esoteric profile image87

Have you had you eyes and ears closed?

except for donald trump. lets see those tax returns...shine some sunshine in there. oh, and republicans are free to show us their private emails, too. since its such a good thing. rnc...lets go.

7. profile image0

Trump doesn't fear Russia. He's a big friend. Rusia is a democracy just like the US. And just like the US the top 1% rules.

8. lovemychris profile image74

and just imagine....1%+1%=wealth beyond measure....

9. RJ Schwartz profile image88

Chase - My point is that we're worried about fake hacking into political parties while the Chinese are stealing tangible info from both Russia and the US - we should be paying attention to real cyber attacks, not fake ones

10. profile image0

fake hacking? So what was all the fuzz about in the first place. Before the elections everybody believed in the hacking. And after the elections no one believes in it.

11. dreamaserve profile image77
      dreamaserveposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ralph -  you have proof do you that fake hacking into political parties exists? Such as.....

24. Travis Upchurch profile image59
    Travis Upchurchposted 7 years ago

I'm not going to claim to have some great historical knowledge, or political knowledge. What I do know, and what seems to be forgotten by many, is what separates America from Russia, and that is our President is not a dictator. I read the post below and saw where this is mentioned by several folks as well about our freedom, and the fact that Putin holds such power over his country, but the President of the United States is not the end all say all in this country. Yes he does have a great amount of say and some "powers", but the beauty about our American government is that there are checks and balances in places that provide protection for the American people.
          Whether you like Donald Trump or not, the fact is he can't walk around doing what he wants to. Congress, along with the Judicial branch of government have plenty of weight in Washington as well. This being said, my biggest concern with Putin and the Russians is not what we do know, but what we don't know. I'm not going to go shouting conspiracy theories, but the government hides, and makes efforts to keep information away from the American people.
            What ever the turn out is in the next few years, regardless of what you believe, we should always remember our history, and the history of the world, because through my own eyes, I see our nation, along with all of the nations of the world continuously making the same mistakes and fighting the same battles over and over and over; and this is my greatest fear.

25. whonunuwho profile image55
    whonunuwhoposted 7 years ago

We as a nation should take what the leader of that country says seriously and stand strong and reflect our determination to protect our own. There can be no accidents or false messages between leaders of any powerful country. All vigilance should be taken by our military and leaders in this time of trial and testing of our Nations ability. There is nothing to fear, only a message of strength to convey to any who would dare to test us.

tell that to the people in america, who say of their peotus,"we dont take his words literally".well, i do.i take everything he says as his word.or are we to guess what is real and what is meant to curry favor?he wants to bomb the sh*t out of people.

2. My Esoteric profile image87

Were you old enough during the last nuclear stand-off to remember it?

3. profile image0

The biggest mistake was that they didn't take Hitler serious in the beginning either.

You are correct on that one.  Hitler's rise was slick politically - the Weimar system was weak, the fear of communism was high, his speeches were nothing short of brilliant - he was funded by anti-communists and fueled by the people

not really. it was all propganda. as hitlers bannon said...tell a lie often enough, people will believe it.bigger the lie, the better. oh, and this gem:no one wants war..just scare them enough so they beg for one. i/e big bad muslims-history repeats

No, it wasn't all propaganda (propaganda was a factor, but not the only one) - Hitler was handed the Chancellorship by people who thought they could control him and use his influence with the people - once in power he moved to dictatorship

anyone who feels like i do...go to twitter and read sarah kendzior. shes been studying authoritarian regimes her whole life. knows her stuff. knows the real danger we are in. thank you.

I'd suggest seeking more than one source - preferably a historical based one rather than a political based one.  It's easy to selectively use parts of the Hitler narrative to make a point

she doesnt mention hitler. she talks about south america and eastern europe.you could add mussolini too: which is who trump reminds me of. heres the new new world order: putin/trump/netanyahu. trump is now requesting names of those work womens issues

10. profile image0

Hitler was supporter by big corps. Like IBM and the Bush family and kots of royalty. Regimes in South America where supporter by the US. In the end its about money. Ideologie is a tool.

did you say bush family? well my goodness, and to think no one cares. because, after all...E MAILS

26. emge profile image79
    emgeposted 7 years ago

Frankly, the whole thing is so silly. It looks like something engineered by Obama and some of his henchmen. He is relinquishing the presidency but he wanted to give a parting kick to Trump who he feels will undo his "legacy".
    America is too strong to be influenced by any Russian manoeuvre but Trump  is right in engaging Putin and maybe he will join him against China.

even america cant withstand the lure of money and power. its a mental disease, and people dont think straight.....why would you want a problem with china???

If, a Big IF, Russia interfered, then why aren't we demanding some actions against them ?

3. Ewent profile image67

Ralph, remember the boy who cried wolf one too many times? That's McConnell and Ryan right now. They are refusing any investigation using their Republican majority weapon. But, that is not going to stop the independent investigation already out there

yes, graham said after the coronation, they are calling for hearings, and putting harsher sanctions on putin and his circle. mcconnell can try n stop it, but hed be one against 99

5. My Esoteric profile image87

Ralph, that is an easy one.  You can't start a war with Russia without a smoking gun.  Obama now has it, presumably, and is going to retaliate this week with overt action.  Of course we won't know covert actions.

theyve been quite unlucky lately, what with the assasination of the ambassador, and the plane crash. bit of bad luck.

27. profile image57
    WaseyNawabposted 7 years ago

I fear that if Russia builds the most dangerous weaponry then most of the parts of the world will be captivated.

1. Ewent profile image67

If you watched Anthony Bourdain's TV Travel Show episode when he visited Russia, you'd see that what goes on in Moscow is remote to what goes on in Siberia. Putin is a murderer. He has already had 2 major Russian journalists killed.

28. Tispter Luke profile image61
    Tispter Lukeposted 7 years ago

If anything I'm more worried about China.... But if I had to choose I'd probably say the fact that they have alliances with country's that we don't like, and if a war starts in say China, and we get involved then it's world War three....

id say russia hacking our gvt is ww3. but its cyber, and financial. we could easily blow each other up, so we have other ways of fighting. its so far beyond the average citizen, as to be like reading an espionage novel!

2. profile image52
      LoveLABposted 7 years agoin reply to this

America and China have signed a non aggression pact just in case America accidentally shoots down another Chinese fighter jet over the South China Sea! But of course you can't trust either!

29. Sharlee01 profile image80
    Sharlee01posted 7 years ago

I refuse to let the press interfere with my thought process. I don't borrow  problems or worry about what might come about.  It appears more and more that America's press is dealing in propaganda, and much of the public is buying into it.  In regards to the CIA having information on Hillary's loss being the fault of Russia, she did not need a bit of help to lose the election.  Plus, not sure what difference it makes who leaked the email info, it was true. Her campaign never disputed a word of it. So, if the truth made her lose, so be it....

1. My Esoteric profile image87

Her loss was a combination of things, including Putin http://hubpages.com/politics/Why-Did-Hi … a-Won-Race
      Wikileaks never had any smoking guns, just constant bad press.  News is not news but a profit center.

wait, a foreign gvt hacked into an american political party to damage an american candidate, and you dont care? furthemore, this is somehow putting america first? whos america? yours?? cause not mine! if we cant unite about foreign hacking, we done.

3. Sharlee01 profile image80
      Sharlee01posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Leslie, I care about many other nations hacking into any of our systems. Which they have been doing for many years. Our present Government chose not to address the issue with any real solutions. It seems only now that some are irate at the hacking?

oh, they have been addressing it. been watching conferences on c span for years.& u know they dont show all. all countries hack, but to mess with elections is messing with democracy itself. maybe next time they target republican. will u say oh we

5. Sharlee01 profile image80
      Sharlee01posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree that it becomes a huge problem if any nation makes an attempt to change an election result. I had hoped the CIA would share the evidence with the public. I think many would citizens would agree this is unacceptable.

There's no evidence - it's all circumstantial.  But it's ok - Obama claims he told Putin to "cut it out" and he did

gee...tracing the hacks to the kremlin and fsb seems pretty clear to me. but then, it was the dnc who was targeted, so who cares? im sure had it been the rnc, we would take the 17 intel agencies at their word, and it would be investigated. bias usa

30. Maruf Kamal profile image59
    Maruf Kamalposted 7 years ago

USA do thing by advertising  or beating drums. But, Putin does things from behind the screen. That's the fear.

1. Ewent profile image67

And, Putin comes with generations of experience at espionage. No one is as expert as Russians when it comes to espionage.

funny, watching history channell...even iran/contra was proxy for usa/russia.
      this runs deep. and a russian intelligencia agent who defected here, years ago, in the 60's,predicted russia would take over usa by infiltraiting inside.psychological.trump

31. profile image50
    Yolinaposted 7 years ago

Hello.I do not think that actually russians are the real treath.They have always helped eople all around the world  although they are not so modern economic.I believe they are a great nation,which helped us-bulgarians to set free.They could have conquire us then ,but they did not.I think they try to help and stabilize their economy in these hard times.I think we have to be afraid more from America's and Japan's technology and robotization.I believe Donald will be a good president,because he knows where the weak points of the economy are.He likes Russia,so I do not think that Russians will attack someone.They justprotect their customs and eace near them.

32. profile image0
    ValKarasposted 7 years ago

The only thing Americans should be worried about is their proven gullibility towards their press and their leaders. When they could re-elect shady characters like G.W. Bush and Barack Obama, nothing else is needed for  that diagnosis.

Bush was so obviously playing everyone with his crazy after-9-11 reasoning, which these days gave a ground for the international tribune to proclaim him a war criminal, making him think twice before stepping outside  the US border.
    Hey, what about that earlier idiotic war in Vietnam? That small country that was never a threat to the US, and most of Americans didn't even know it existed on the world map. How many soldiers had to "die for their country", or committed suicide over that smart idea stemming from the political chess game between the two political blocks?

It makes me laugh to think of any "threats from Putin". FINALLY there are two presidents of the rival countries who want to forget about their differences and join forces against one REAL threat  -  terrorism.

At times I just can't believe that Americans can be so easily swayed into a mass paranoia, not seeing how someone is playing on their existential fears all the time. Who is the next boogie-man to worry about  -  extraterrestrials?

The person above who mentioned the CIA involvement and military moves inspired by greed for oil  -  was right. We are so fast condemning IMAGINARY motives of Putin, and so slow remembering all that has REALLY been done "in the name of national interests" and what resulted with a lot of innocent people dying. What surprises me greatly is that discussion didn't stop at that all-revealing comment, but continued with more ranting against Putin.

Or, should I really be surprised? When will Americans wake up from their nightmares of false news and wrong leaders?

it has always been communism we fight. that was vietnam war, and the cold war w russia. just because trump and putin want to get filthy rich together is no reason to trust either. trump is apalled at terrorism, but doesnt care about genocide. booo

33. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

No fear, because I speak the language, so I know when translators are lying. That's the most important bit to me.

Otherwise, I think this New Cold War is false rumor and a wish from some older folks to go back to the Cold War Era with spies and intrigue, because the demise of the Berlin Wall and the USSR left a hole some people could not fill with alternative interests.

so trump selecting putins business partner as sos is no cause for alarm? and the fact that putin waited til trump elected for final solution in syria is just coincedence? and ross, manafort, bannon all having ties to russia nothing out of ordinary?

34. jo miller profile image93
    jo millerposted 7 years ago

My greatest fear from the Russian government is that they might interfere in the American election to help elect a bungling fool, and that a good part of the electorate would not care......Oh, they did that already.

lol! doink

35. Ewent profile image67
    Ewentposted 7 years ago

I've always been fascinated by Russian history. I've spent a few decades studying their culture, government and leadership. Ironically, what I found is an odd underlying need for Russian men to always duke it out with each other. Russia's history shows an enormous level of discontent, dissidence and struggle for that which seems always just a tad out of reach. Part of the problem is self-imagery. In reality, there are two Russias, Moscovite Russia and peasant Russia.

My biggest fear from the Moscovite Russian leader Putin is the same as the fear of Donald Trump: Male ego so overbloated that at any moment in time, it could explode and cause world chaos. Why?

The answer is simple: when any man begins to believe his own self created self imagery, he see only what he wants to see and believes only what he wants to believe. He is fully capable of turning "want" into "need" even when this is not the case.

We are through the looking glass in the US because we were all too trusting. Now, the right wing, the Republicans and all too few can be trusted. It's Orwell's "1984" all over again.

Men have their own visions of "networking" and most is based on the comraderie of male ego. So, at any given moment, these leaders can schmooze with the best of them and in the next, be ready to grab their guns and shoot first and ask questions later.

My greatest fear is not for myself. It is for the future of our children who are receiving the absolute WORST examples of behavior from male leaders who should know better. Their female counterparts are like wind up dolls who speak the minute their buttons are pushed. It's a kind of dumbing down that is bound to affect children negatively.

So now it is okay to lie, cheat, steal, distort, deceive and generally bully the entire population. Until the next generation exacerbates these traits into something akin to the kind of evolution in "Lord of the Flies."

Putin is desperate to prove he is the quintessential leader using China as his target. His and Trump's idea is to FORCE China's hand by tilting oil prices in Russia's favor. But, Russia's unprepared for the keenly sage Chinese culture of thousands of years that always makes them one step ahead.

When our elections and our votes can no longer be relied on to provide one person, one vote, it is time to face the fact that in the US, Republicans will stoop to any low to ensure they "win" control of the masses, government and MONEY.

yup. just listen to them here: "so what if a foreign gvt hacked the dnc and podesta....im GLAD they did"...i mean, what? they hate dems and want to get rid of them so much, they'd rather have putin! unbelievable.

2. Ewent profile image67

What the right wing and Republicans want is what they created: a divided country. This is what they will get. No Dem state will stand by and allow our state taxes to support Republican states while they bully us. Putin is a murderer.

amen! cali paid 105 billion into fed, and their votes were erased by the electoral college. and when putin gets what he wants out of trump, we'lll see who's on the floor. good thing real patriots know what's what...america first my aunt fanny!!

36. Johny Alamo profile image61
    Johny Alamoposted 7 years ago

Russia is currently powerful country, but unfortunately for them, their resourses is about to end. Many russians already do not belive in Putin and others russian politics.
    I'm sure that biggest threat for western people is not Russia. It is asian countries like China and India.

37. Oztinato profile image76
    Oztinatoposted 7 years ago

Both Democrats and Republicans have joined forces to support Obama's sanctions against the Russians.
    History has already acknowledged the last USA election was tainted and "fixed".
    Russia has a terrible human rights record. Putin has been known to poison and imprison rivals. He invades other countries and supports bizarre megalomaniacs like Donald.
    Putin is a little hitler style dictator; he is not a real leader but a bully. He controls all the Russian media and now Donald aims to do the same in the USA.
    Don't be surprised if he signs another pact with China just when Donald thinks he's on a winner.
    wiki/2001_Sino-Russian_Treaty_of_Friendship

1. Oztinato profile image76
      Oztinatoposted 7 years agoin reply to this
    2. wrenchBiscuit profile image69

Gee, that's remarkable. So does the U.S. and the European Colonizers. Nearly 400 years of slavery, over 100 million Indigenous slaughtered. Over 100 years of Jim Crow. Police still killing minorities with impunity. Flint ,Standing Rock. Whew!

thats all true, rb. but this is now, and this is real. i understand you want justice for the horrors of usa. me, im young enough to america to still believe in it. btw, jill stein called this election the jim crow election. im with you, oz. 100%.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)