Why are we so dead set on our political parties?

1. Kyle Atwood profile image89
    Kyle Atwoodposted 14 months ago

Why are we so dead set on our political parties?

This past election, I've met so many people who have said that they believe in a lot of things Bernie Sanders believed in or Trump believed in, but because they were Republican or Democrat, they voted for Trump or Clinton (the other half stated that his age and Stein's or Johnson's political affiliation with a third party was a big issue). Or the other name in politics I see people saying this for is Jill Stein or Gary Johnson, but it comes right back to "I'm a Democrat" or "I'm a Republican".

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
    bradmasterOCcalposted 14 months ago

That depicts the age old problem most likely acquired from parents that bestowed their politics and religion on their children.

Voting Row A or Row B is not intelligent it is just Pavlovian.
    I voted for Trump because I agreed with what he stood for, and I have written continually about how neither political party has the solutions, but both of them contribute to the problems.

The fact that Trump doesn't have political experience is the major plus for him. After all, look at where the country is today, and it was controlled by professional politicians that accomplish nothing good for the country or its citizens.

The democrats and the republicans make congress a big see saw. It goes up and down based on which party is in control, only to change direction when the other party regains control.

See saws don't move forward, just up and down,