jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

President Trump signed the so-called Global Gag Rule.

1. profile image78
    Hxprofposted 15 months ago

President Trump signed the so-called Global Gag Rule.

Does this in any way interfere with women's rights?  If so, how?

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 15 months ago

He isn't taking away anyone's rights to an abortion. It is ending the taking of money from people to fund others' abortions. The individuals, non-profits, their governments and other organizations are still free to have abortions and pay for it themselves.
    I find it amazing how many people say "don't have a say about my body, but I have the right to take your money to do what I want with my body". Total lack of awareness of the hypocrisy.

1. lovemychris profile image63
      lovemychrisposted 15 months agoin reply to this

no,it FORBIDS healthcare providers from mentioning abortion as an option when poor women need any kind of family services, such as vaccines,medicine,food, etc.and its despicable! we women pay tax monies like any man, and must support YOUR religion!

2. profile image78
      Hxprofposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Great answer!  This order stops the US government from providing funding to international agencies the promote abortion - very simple.

3. lovemychris profile image63
      lovemychrisposted 15 months agoin reply to this

but, its not about promoting abortion, its about even speaking about it as an OPTION. no one goes around promoting abortion, but it cant even be there as a CHOICE.

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
      tamarawilhiteposted 15 months agoin reply to this

This rule has been passed and repealed by every Democrat and Republican since Reagan, and international abortion is essentially unchanged.

3. lovemychris profile image63
    lovemychrisposted 15 months ago

of course it does. can you imagine, telling women, whose culture is centuries older, and have natural ways to abort, that we will help their families only if they bow to a certain religion? and this is GVT doing this! its outrageous, embarrassing and unconstitutional!! we have freedom of religion here, and that means freedom from religion. they are taking MY money, slapping their god on it  and using it to supress my gender!!! GOD, im sick of it!

1. profile image78
      Hxprofposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Women from other cultures can still be told that they can have abortions, just not with US money - that's all.

working