jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you feel Madonna, Cher, and Ashley Judd are appropriate role models for Ameri

1. Timothy Anderson profile image95
    Timothy Andersonposted 13 months ago

Do you feel Madonna, Cher, and Ashley Judd are appropriate role models for America's young women?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 13 months ago

I would have to say that there are very few celebrities that are good role models young people period. They live in a bubble, and even if they came up the hard way as some did, they have lost that feeling of survival. It is replaced by competition with other elites.

As for the three you mentioned, they fit into that elite bubble, but being politically vocal is not their strong point. They are not good role models in that respect. Their politics should have been kept to themselves, but if they had to do politics, it should have been confined to the voting, and not post election whining.
    The American Way is through a Democratic Republic envelope. In it, we elect the people we want to represent us in the country. When the election process is over and they are unhappy then vote again in the next election.
    They should abide by the winner of the election and do their best to help the country through its elected body in congress and the executive office. They are also free to run for public office themselves, and if they are over 35 years of age, and a natural born US Citizen they can even run for the presidency.
    But what they are doing with the protests and riots is tantamount to domestic terrorism or even sedition.Trying to bring Washington to a halt by any means makes the US vulnerable to attacks by other countries and terrorists that can try and take advantage of the situation.
    So no is my final answer.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 13 months ago

Women who make money objectifying themselves have no basis for being taken seriously for saying men shouldn't view us as just sex objects.
    And women who think that their sexualized performances that made them famous give them any basis to lecture us on politics are not to be taken seriously because it makes women as a class look inferior if THEY are seen as our representatives.

4. PhoenixV profile image75
    PhoenixVposted 13 months ago

Absolutely not. Not because some of them behave and talk like sailors on shore leave, but because they are in the hollywood business where it is allowed to be vocal if you are liberal. If they were vocal conservatives their careers would be over.

5. Veroniquebee profile image76
    Veroniquebeeposted 13 months ago

I think that depends on what you expet to find in an appropriate role model for girls. A perfect woman without any flaws is something that doesn't exist, and even if any existed, I do not think that these three would fit the description anyway. They are too stuck into their bubble, and not being in touch with the "outer world" enough to be able to truly appropriately influence it, and people living in it.