jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What about rights for a US born citizen? Does an American mixed-ancestry get any

1. Oscarlites profile image36
    Oscarlitesposted 13 months ago

What about rights for a US born citizen? Does an American mixed-ancestry get any preference here?

I know I have English, French, Jewish, American Indian, and other race strains, Yet I was born in the USA, and seem to be the butt of all political blame. my paternal grandfather showed Indian features, my paternal grandmother showed German features. My maternal grandparents are English, French, Irish, and claim Jewish blood by a turn of the century adoptee into my family ancestry, here in America.   BUT STILL I am discriminated against on Federal and State Job selections ( and other political ways) because I am classed as a White, Middle Age, American Male. and I served in Civil Air Patrol. 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8944897_f260.jpg

2. profile image57
    Norine Williamsposted 13 months ago

My heart goes out to you Oscar!  I can feel you!  I'm Black and they (society) just "threw me in the pot" with rest of them not considering "the content of my character but the color of my skin!"  I wish the world wouldn't 'segregate' people like that! 

The workforce is unkind to all!  Usually, no matter what race you are, if you don't "fit into the cliche," you are treated unfairly.  I've seen it happen to ALL and I worked for a branch of the Federal government called the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission who was expert in discriminating!  You know I stood for TRUTH even in the workforce; therefore I didn't "fit into the cliche" so my unfair treatment was not so much about the color of my skin but standing for righteousness which always brings prosecution!

When I worked for the Commission, I recall a case where there was under representation of Blacks on the police force and to increase their statistics, they 'established rules' for selection of vacancies.  The non-Blacks filed a "reverse discrimination" complaint with the Commission and WON!  So the pendulum swings both ways!  It's just that the 'burden of proof' lies on the complainant to 'prove' reverse discrimination! 

I'm not a 'dark complexion' Black therefore there was discrimination even amongst Blacks.  I don't know why but they (Blacks) feel that one feels superior by being of a lighter color although "thrown in the pot" with the rest by society!  Where do you go when you have 'no home?'  That's been a problem in my life and in the workforce.  I'm a descendant of Irish, American Indian and Black!  People think because one is 'Black,' they've been given 'special privileges,' but they need to "walk a mile in one's shoes!'   

I'll be praying for you Oscar that either supervision change on your job or you are reassigned from under those conditions!  Remember, the pendulum swings both ways!

Blessings

1. Oscarlites profile image36
      Oscarlitesposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Norine the whole perspective here is, " how much do we pay, how great the cost, and when does the diversity, culture, racial and gender bias all become equal? when does the inequality become equal? when do we all accept each other?

2. profile image57
      Norine Williamsposted 12 months agoin reply to this

NEVER! 
      Not until we learn to love as Christ loved (Agape). People think it's a joke but with HIS love, one looks @ another as a soul that you wish not to suffer in this world or the world to come!  Unfortunately, MOST don't BELIEVE!

working