jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Why are Nigerians Obsessed with Donald Trump's Presidency?

1. Anugo profile image75
    Anugoposted 14 months ago

Why are Nigerians Obsessed with Donald Trump's Presidency?

I cannot seem to understand the excitement behind trump’s presidency in Nigeria. Some people are extremely joyed, some have slid into massive sadness, some who are mainly pro Biafra, claim that his administration will make their interest come true, even though, Trump had said umpteenth times, hat his government is for the Americans! I am among the confused few who urgently need answers.

2. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 14 months ago

Nigeria is experiencing a civil war of Muslim terrorists in the north imposing Shariah law and killing Christians, driving Christians south. Remember "Boko Haram" and "Bring back our girls"?
    They are in favor of an American President that they hope will stop the slaughter.

3. Old-Empresario profile image82
    Old-Empresarioposted 14 months ago

Boko Haram is the only Islamic terrorist organization that the US has not really targeted in any meaningful way. Yet in 2015, it was by far the most violent terrorist organization out of all of them--even ISIS. In 2016, I think it was the second most violent.

The US gives a lot of foreign aid to Nigeria, because we get a lot of our oil from there. It's the most-powerful country in Africa in terms of its GDP and its population size. Though its wealth is concentrated mostly in the hands of a few elites and corrupt officials. So it's a very poor country, especially in the northern rural regions away from the coast. About half the country is Moslem and half are Christian. So it's a powder keg of political instability. It's definitely not a country that we want to see become more politically unstable than it already is.

1. Anugo profile image75
      Anugoposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Personally, I think such foreign aids would be somewhat invisible now, as Trump is not a fan of "foreign"

4. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 14 months ago

G,Sam.....Is there some extraordinary reason that you feel Nigerians should be any different than the rest of the world in terms of Donald Trump Obsession?  Just asking.   
    "Joy & massive sadness" are appropriate terms you've chosen to use.  It's somewhat a toss up at the present time as to whether Joy or Massive sadness is winning the competition. Official score won't be long now.
    You say you urgently need answers?  Get in line.......Peace, Paula

1. Anugo profile image75
      Anugoposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Absolutely not, I don't think there is such a reason. But then again the rest of the world is obsessed? There goes my confusion

working