jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever thought of committing suicide?

1. clivewilliams profile image82
    clivewilliamsposted 5 months ago

Have you ever thought of committing suicide?

2. Snakesmum profile image82
    Snakesmumposted 5 months ago

Many years ago, when living in another country, and suffering undiagnosed clinical depression, yes, I did.  What stopped me was the thought of what it would do to my family and friends.
    When I returned home, I was immediately given the help I needed to get over this.
    If you or anyone you know is considering suicide, I would advise you to get help as soon as possible.   There are always solutions - you just have to find them.   
    Hope this helped.

clivewilliamsposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I see

3. shanmarie profile image79
    shanmarieposted 5 months ago

I sincerely hope that this is not asked because you are considering it. And that no one close to you is having such thoughts. But just in case it is, I will answer honestly.

I have not considered suicide as an option even in my darkest moments. However, in some of those moments I have wondered what the point of living is. Not the typical spiritual-type of consideration for the purpose of life, but more like feeling totally insignificant and pointless myself.  Merely existing is not living. At least those thoughts pass. I always reminded myself that the future has yet to come and therefore the promise of the possibility for something better is always present.

clivewilliamsposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Not me, others I know. Fed up with life and just want out.

working