Is suicide the way out???

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Raitu Disong profile image61
    Raitu Disongposted 10 years ago

I would love to hear your opinion on this?

1. C.V.Rajan profile image60
      C.V.Rajanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

May be yes, if you don't believe in reincarnation. If you believe then, religions like Hinduism where reincarnation is the accepted thing, suicide is a great sin that is going to add lots of more pain to you in your next birth.

2. Man of Strength profile image71
      Man of Strengthposted 10 years agoin reply to this

In my opinion, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Though debilitating pain and suffering may be unbearable to others. Committing suicide to escpape marriage, financial, or other issues is selfish and cowardly.

1. Bishop55 profile image89
        Bishop55posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you 100%  The only thing that should cause someone to off themselves is extreme conditions (no other alternative), or mental illness.  Suicide is just selfish.

3. Good Guy profile image83
      Good Guyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Suicides occurred for many reasons.  Some extreme cases occurred when the victims have very little choice.  While most cases, there were choices.  To the person it may seem the only way to  "solve" the problem.  Usually if given time and counsel, suicide can be avoided.

4. Good Guy profile image83
      Good Guyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There are many reasons driving a person to suicide.  A few cases the victims had very little choice.  Most cases, there are options if given time and proper counsel.  In time of acute emotional trauma, there seems to be no other choice, but if given a chance to proper counseling there is usually a way out.  Suicide will cause extreme agony and sorrow to loved ones, let alone problems.

5. liesl5858 profile image83
      liesl5858posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Suicide is not a good option for all your problems, your loved ones will suffer if someone commits suicide in the family. Instead of committing suicide, seek help. There are organizations out there who are willing to help people with problems. I will never do suicide, it's a waste of life.

6. Silverspeeder profile image61
      Silverspeederposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My friend, one of my ex bosses, my partners brother and my own brother in law have all committed suicide and in every case there was mental illness, without doubt there must be something wrong with the brain if it goes against the natural instinct of survival.
      There is an old saying in my part of the world ( often attributed to the Irish) "a fate worse than death is better than dying" and I conclude that those in the right mind would agree.

1. myefforts profile image52
        myeffortsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well said Silverspeeder, I agree to your opinion.

7. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

NO!

8. A Thousand Words profile image68
      A Thousand Wordsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think it's never the only way out, but I believe people have the right to choose it. A lot of people say that suicide is a selfish thing to do, to which I say "duh." It's something you do for yourself... And I would say that it's up to the individual and my opinion doesn't matter much. If I know that they're suicidal, I'd make an effort to show them that there are other ways to deal, especially when they're really young, because sometimes they really haven't thought everything through and they think the world's gonna end when it's not. (I get especially discouraged when young people do it.) But, I'm perfectly ok with people who are in dire health situations where they'd prefer death over let's say being paralyzed from the neck down; a prisoner in their own body, or some kind of other awful situation like that.

Note: that last example is based off a true story about a guy who asked his doctor to kill him because he felt like a prisoner in his own body. He had formerly been an extremely active fisherman who had a horrible accident that left him only able to barely speak, think, and move his eyes.

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 10 years ago

Suicide is a way out , so is a natural death or an accident ......but the question is why would anyone  want out of the natural order of living ?  It just goes against nature doesn't it ,......I would have to ask , why would anyone want out ? And if you want out , then why worry about it !.Seek an answer as to why you want out first ....:-}Outing is permenant !

1. A Thousand Words profile image68

Isn't death also a part of the "natural order?" I'm just saying. If things live then they will die.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 10 years ago

Suicide will certainly`get you out of your current situation, but it is such a drastic  action, and will take you out of any future (positive) situations as well.  There are so many, less drastic, ways to improve your situation that suicide is hardly ever an option. 

The only time I would consider suicide as a real option was if I was very sickly, in pain, and about to die anyway. At that time, suicide may be more humane than suffering.

4. officialkent87 profile image89
    officialkent87posted 10 years ago

I'm more intrigued as to why are you posting this question... I hope that I'm thinking wrong but if a person ever thinks of committing the act of suicide, seek someone to talk to...seek help. Suicide may be a way of getting out of our problems but it is never the right solution. In my personal opinion, it is just a way or form of "escape" because we couldn't handle the pain of life's burdens.

Raitu Disongposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No, no, I am not planning to do something bad. I have seen and heard many people doing crazy things.

Just want to help them out. Thank you all for sharing your ideas!

5. myefforts profile image52
    myeffortsposted 10 years ago

Not at all. Suicide is never the way out. To avoid a situation by ending one's life is never a good solution. As I believe it, we have been given this life to spend and go through all the tests and trials we come across during the whole time. If we try to end it, we are actually trying to escape that test which has been destined to us.

Raitu Disongposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you!

6. Bishop55 profile image89
    Bishop55posted 10 years ago

I think if someone wants to kill themselves, and I mean really do it, then just do it and get it over with.  Stop talking about it.  But make sure you are successful at it.  Last thing society needs is another person that can't take care of themselves.
    I believe we go on after this life and in death we transfer our energy to another source, call it heaven hell whatever. 
    I also tend to think that people that indulge in suicidal thoughts are dumb. If you have a problem so huge that your only solution is to kill yourself you're obviously weak minded or an idiot.   Life is a gift, it's short and you should appreciate even your own misery, many others would gladly like their lives back, or even the shot at a decent life and don't have the chance.   Suicide is the way out of life, yep.  But I gotta disagree with AThousandWords, death is natural, and it is true the every living thing will expire.  Suicide is not natural.  Who are we to insult our creator by taking our own lives?  Suicide is pathetic and weak, in my opinion.  And I'm sure my response will probably piss a lot of people off, but it is what it is.

1. A Thousand Words profile image68

I'm sorry, where did I say suicide is natural? Thanks for putting words in my mouth. The poster that I was actually responding to said that living is the natural order of things. I then said that dying is also a part of the natural order of things. Don't put words there that weren't said.

1. Bishop55 profile image89
        Bishop55posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I misread, sorry. I tried to edit it before it posted, but to late. And I accidentally responded before I read all the other replies.   You sure got defensive quick though, yikes.

7. Zelkiiro profile image88
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago

It's not just the way out, it's the ONLY way out! :D :D :D

8. Jonathan Janco profile image58
    Jonathan Jancoposted 10 years ago

Having had suicidal thoughts during a particular period of my early adolescence and also having had an ex who actually went through with it, I must say that taking one's own life is neither a way out nor a solution. I don't care how depressed you are. If ur not terminally ill or on life support there is still something for you in this life, in this body no matter how grim things may seem.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)