DOES BEING A MOTHER JUSTIFIES YOUR ACTS OF

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (41 posts)
  1. igotinked profile image61
    igotinkedposted 14 years ago

Being a mother is a wonderful gift that a woman my received from God. However, being a mother to your child, does not justify your acts of protecting and condoning the heinous acts of your child? Recent headlines news in the Philippines is all about Jason Ivler, her son, who killed the son of an executive secretary in the our country in a traffic altercations which instantly killed the said victim. Despite the efforts of the NBI to hunt Ivler, he was later on found at the house of his mom. His mom hide him from the police authorities in a secret room inside their house where he has direct access to his room. Do you think it was right for her to do it? Isn't she is tolerating his son's acts in that instance? Does her act of hiding Jason from the authorities, justify it and be forgiven just because she is guided by her motherly love for his son?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image54
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey being a mother, you can do anything for your child

igotinkedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, would you kill an innocent child just because your son or daughter ask you to do so? And her or his main reason why she or he wanted you to do it, its because he or she is jealous of her? If you are in the right sense of thinking would you do that just because your child ask you to do so? If your kid stole money from you would you teach your child a lesson and tell him / her not to do it again or would you just let it slip away?

1. TamCor profile image77
          TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Would I kill an innocent child?  Of course not!  Would I kill someone who was trying to kill MY child? In a heartbeat!

One of our kids DID take money from us once--and that child was punished--of course we didn't just let them get away with it.

There is a difference between what you asked in the beginning of this thread, and what you just asked there...a BIG difference.  Think about it.

OH of course, i would do the same thing. I will protect my child against anyone who is trying to hurt them. But what i am trying to say in my thread is that,

Does being a mother justify her acts of hiding her son from the police authorities? Take note, the son has committed a heinous crime not just ones but more than enough. He killed two people in different time frame. All evidences leads to that son, finger prints, positive in gun powder, there are witness to that crime. Do you think it is still right to hide this son from the NBI authorities especially that he is the aggressor in the first place. The families of the victims wanted justice to be serve.

Then is it still right to protect him?

2. pinkboxer profile image60
      pinkboxerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Loving our children also means that we must take on the responsibility of teaching them right from wrong.

Thanks for the comment. Yes , i agree with you. Being a mom gives them the natural responsibility to teach them what's right and wrong.

3. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can understand what you're saying, of course murder is heinous, but try to put yourself in her shoes. I can understand this mother's actions as well. Can you imagine how it would be? Think about it for a moment. You love your son, you'd give your life for him. You've witnessed his first steps, his first words; his first lost tooth, first day of school, first fight, first girlfriend. This person is a part of the fabric of your existence in a way that no one else can ever achieve. You want only the best for him, and you've tried your whole life to give him the best possible--to the best of your ability....

And now the police think he's done this terrible thing; this thing you truly would never have thought he could do. And your  baby...YOUR BABY...is scared. He comes knocking at the door, crying. Telling you something. Maybe he tells you he did it, and he's so sorry, it was an accident, an accident! Or maybe he's saying, "It's a lie! It's a lie. Help me Mommy, please!" What is the truth? You don't know. The truth is your baby is on the doorstep begging for your help and protection.

What do you do, right then? Right at that crucial moment?

Mom opens the door wide, every time. And locks it behind her.

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yup. besides that, what IS a traffic altercation?

I have a  friend, who ran a stop sign, it was covered by a tree...and killed a person.
        You can not imaigne the hell he goes thru. It was a genuine accident, yet is labled manslaughter. If that were MY son, yould better belive I would protect him.

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
          TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know, I sort of automatically assumed it must have been something like drunk driving...but that's a great question. I can only imagine what that must be like for your friend, that's genuinely not his fault. Wow. I hope he's okay.

2. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Do you have children ?
    I would do whatever for my daughter. Even kill. When it comes to motherhood, I'm an animal. Like a lioness.

1. Sa Toya profile image83
      Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Totally with you on this one...I'm not a mother ...yet smile but my mother, grandmother and aunt are the same- total National Geographic if something was ever happen to any of us.

2. igotinked profile image61

Hi thanks for that view. I am not a mom yet and i do respect your side in protecting your daughter. But in my own opinion, there is an end to everything. None is absolute. Theres always an exception because too much of something is no longer healthy and humane. It only shows that we no longer live in a world guided with reasons, with rule of law. This is the reason why laws are created so that man will know whats morally right and morally wrong. What not to do or to do. Otherwise, chaos would occur. It is not bad to love and protect someone but to let and allow our loved ones to do bad acts not just ones but more than enough is not good anymore. Selfishness emanates in that situation. Come to think of the emotions of the families of the victims who have emotional sufferings. They are suffering more. They wanted justice to be serve according to the rule of law. You will want the same thing if you were in their shoes.

1. profile image0
        Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very wise smile

Thanks for that compliment.

3. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am the same way I will live for, die for or kill for my child.

Just curious Tantrum. I'm a Taurus..what are you.
      Are you any of these..Aquarius, Taurus, Scorpio, Cancer or Leo

1. tantrum profile image59
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Scorpio
        And  Taurus is the sign  that gets along with me best. Males & females alike.

1. profile image0

I was going to ask Scorpio first because when I read your statement about your child, I thought of my younger Scorpio sister Nov.07. but then I didn't want to be wrong.  My husband is Scorpio. Nov. 05. The deepest love of my life. We got married one month after we met. I was 18.

4. progressiveWiccan profile image61
      progressiveWiccanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WHILE I feel for the victim...I am with you tantrum....until you are a mother you do not know what or how far you will to protect your child

Right !

3. TLMinut profile image59
    TLMinutposted 14 years ago

A mother may believe she should turn her child in to authorities, know it and believe it completely but that has nothing to do with actually doing it. The overwhelmingly stronger instinct is to fight to the death to keep all possible harm from your child.

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

right or wrong..I would have to agree with this. I hope I am raising my children with respect and morals and will never be faced with this type of choice. Having never been faced with it, I can not honestly say what I would do. Also, I have no idea what the whole story is. Maybe he really didnt do this or there are other circumstances we dont know about, and his mother feared the "authorites" would be cruel or unjust.

Thanks. I do agree with you that making the choice is not easy task to do. But come to think of these, he has done these the same shooting incident in different time, situation and victims. He shot someone just because of a traffic altercation with the victims. The families of the two victims cried justice for their loved ones who was shoot mercilessly. Don't they deserve due process and rule of law? Let due process take matters in its own hand. All will be fair then.

2. TamCor profile image77
      TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I cannot even imagine turning on one of my kids...right or wrong, I just couldn't do it.

Tammy

3. Sa Toya profile image83
      Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In total agreement here...you know you need to but it must feel like betraying them

No one wants to be in that position..it's a TOUGH one

4. Petra Vlah profile image60
    Petra Vlahposted 14 years ago

A mother's first instinct is to protect her child against anything and anyone.
    A mother feels first and thinks later; it is just natural and before judging or passing blame we need to know more

5. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Yes it does. Unconditional love is a part of parenting. Ideally smile

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Tantrum I'm very pleased to hear you have a daughter I'll bet she's amazing! Deborah, no offense intended, you are one out-there female! I'm glad to hear you have someone watching out for you.smile

thanks sneaks ! I'll send you a video smile

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very cool! I love kids, old and young! When I'm in church I sit at the back so I can see the families and their kids and all the love they share with each other, it's pure majic!

I think you'll love this kid big_smile

1. profile image0
            sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If she has your spirit I know I will!big_smile

2. profile image0

That's twice you've said that about me.
      What the H--L are you saying?
      What do you feel is so strange about me???

I don't need anyone to take care of me. I am a very independent and capable person..I'm with my husband because we love and care about each other.

No Offense??? right....right on

7. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL This was a compliment lol

1. profile image0

I'd hate for him to insult me then.neutral
      The last time he said it a bit different and didn't say no offense. Wish I could easily find the post.

8. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

When my son got into some trouble with the law (nothing as serious as this) I did not turn him in but I did not bail him out either. It is called tough love and it was one of the hardest thing I ever did but it was also one of the best for both of our sakes.
    I have a n uncle who for as long as I can remember was always in trouble and right up until the day she died his mother kept bailing him out. He never learned a thing and is now serving a 25 to life because she isnt around to bail him out.

9. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Come on, I think you read too much into this. I seriously don't see anything but a light flirt attempt here. smile

1. profile image0

A Flirt? Seriously..that never entered my mind.
      Gee a lot of people must be flirting with me here...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)