jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Trump Meeting with Video Game Industry

1. VVanNess profile image92
    VVanNessposted 6 weeks ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13942254_f1024.jpg
    Do you think changing video game violence will change the violence level in kids?

1. Credence2 profile image80
      Credence2posted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

No, this is just a ruse frequently employed by conservatives. I grew up with Wile E. Coyote, violent programs on television etc, the boomers are fine. There is some other explanation and this is not it..

2. wilderness profile image98
      wildernessposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Frankly, I'm not psychologist enough to have a real opinion.  Yes, we watched "violent" cartoons years ago as children, but those were in a completely different class, it seems to me, than the movies with real people spouting blood, or the video games where the object is to kill innocent people.

So I don't know.  It will be interesting to see what others think, though a weigh in by someone that has training and has actually studied the problem would be great.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 weeks ago

Reminds me of the George Carlin bit where he said "So now they wanna ban toy guns... BUT THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F***IN' REAL ONES?"

3. VVanNess profile image92
    VVanNessposted 6 weeks ago

I agree with wilderness. The difference today is that kids are being left to their own devices with video games that defy just plain violence. These are sociopathic, with the focus being specifically to kill innocents. I'm not saying video games are the cause of all the latest violence in society, but they sure don't help, especially with the example they now have from others having done the same for real.

1. VVanNess profile image92
      VVanNessposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

I'm just glad Trump is doing something. Its better than nothing.

working