Can We Say This is an Incitement of Violence Yet?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Valeant profile image86
    Valeantposted 13 months ago

Trump between 1 a.m. and 2 a.m. last night:

“What kind of person can charge another person, in this case a former president of the United States, who got more votes than any sitting president in history, and leading candidate (by far!) for the Republican Party nomination, with a crime, when it is known by all that NO crime has been committed, & also that potential death & destruction in such a false charge could be catastrophic for our country?  Why & who would do such a thing? Only a degenerate psychopath that truely hates the USA!”

Let alone posting this posting of himself with a baseball bat and Bragg in the next frame.

https://hubstatic.com/16429507.jpg

In my view, he's giving his violent followers the justification to attack the people prosecuting him and using the violent imagery and language to program them.  How can people still support this lunatic?

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
      Kathleen Cochranposted 13 months agoin reply to this

"more votes"? He lost the popular vote twice. Once by three million and once by seven million. Does he not know there is such a thing as fact checker?

1. Sharlee01 profile image80
        Sharlee01posted 13 months agoin reply to this

The key words in Trump's statement last night was "sitting president". The context was there, but I think most would see the comment as you did.

"President Donald Trump has so far received 73.6 million popular votes in the 2020 election, surpassing the previous record set by President Barack Obama by more than 7 million, giving him the most votes of any sitting president in U.S. history.

As of Thursday morning, Trump has received a total of 73,559,030 votes and counting, according to The New York Times.

That number has set the record for the most votes ever received by a SITTING president, surpassing Obama's 65,915,795 popular votes in his 2012 incumbent victory against Republican challenger Mitt Romney."
        https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trumps- … ry-1548742

We should all by now be aware of the final numbers Biden won by.

It remains a record unbroken thus far.  It will be interesting to see if a sitting president can beat Trump's record.

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 13 months agoin reply to this

" How can people still support this lunatic?"

Perhaps by shutting down their overactive imagination?

Valeantposted 13 months agoin reply to this

So you don't see dehumanizing language, violent word choices, and an image of Trump with a baseball bat opposite an image of the DA investigating him as incitement? 

Another thing we can disagree on and very different realities we live in.

1. Ken Burgess profile image75
          Ken Burgessposted 13 months agoin reply to this

ROTFLMAO

2. Sharlee01 profile image80

Was this not an article that was posted at National File?  I don't think Trump put that image together, did he?  Did he share it somewhere? 

I did not find the photo shared on Truth Social. I think most would be surprised to see what he posts on Truth. I don't think he is tweeting.

I have read the statement (opening paragraph) you posted. But not sure he condoned the pic? 

It certainly looks like he feels he committed no crime and is out there making that claim.

1. Coltonlarsen1975 profile image60
            Coltonlarsen1975posted 13 months agoin reply to this

Trump posted it to his Truth Social.  Along with threatening death and destruction of he's indicted.  Just incredible

1. wilderness profile image95

You mean the prophesy of destruction?  I didn't see any threat, just a prediction.  Although the bat was certainly out of line.

Out of line.  Geesh.  Cannot even acknowledge that it was a pretty clear call to violence.

Of course, in the minds of the far-right, I'm surprised they haven't come out with 'Trump shares excitement for upcoming opening day games with good friend Alvin Bragg.'

2. Coltonlarsen1975 profile image60

The man is dangerously unbalanced but is unfortunately the head of the Republican Party. It will be interesting to see how far he goes in inciting violence yet again and if any in the party have the cajones to take a stand against him.

1. IslandBites profile image89
                  IslandBitesposted 13 months agoin reply to this

So are many of his blind followers.

It will be even more interesting to see if, after 7 some years of effort and trying, Democrats finally find something to convict him of.

Perhaps they can find a jaywalking ticket somewhere, right?

There's been plenty to convict him of.  Problem has been the spineless members of the GOP in Congress that rely on the base voters of Trump during his presidency during those four years.  And a base of voters that live in an alternate reality where they think Trump has not broken any laws.

Val, Please clear something up for me, if you can. Where did you find the National File blurb and photo you used n your  OP?

I have not located it n Truth Social, and I have not seen Trump tweet even though his account is open.  I am wondering if Trump shared the pic and blurb.

2. Sharlee01 profile image80

I have not located this National File pic and the blurb on Trump's Truth page.
              I am sure Val will clear up where he found it.  I trust his research.

Trump did indeed re-post it to Truth Social after seeing it in the National File, but deleted it when he likely realized it was a clear threat and he was potentially adding a new crime to his legal woes in New York.

Thank you for clarifying.

2. peterstreep profile image81
        peterstreepposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Didn't know he had a twitter account. Thought he was banned!

He has been reinstated, but I have not noted him using the account as of yet. Not sure if Trump posted this photo that started out at National File.

He posted it on truth social . Doesn't matter where it came from . He liked it enough to repost it.  He's a sick man

1. peterstreep profile image81
              peterstreepposted 13 months agoin reply to this

He's not a sick man. He's a fascist in the true sense of the word. He is using all the philosophies of fascism. That's abundantly clear.
              I was just surprised to see his Twitter name. But apparently it was from Truth Social. (Only accepting one truth on social media, the Trump truth. - Did I mention fascism...)
              Thanks for clearing that up.

3. Sharlee01 profile image80

Have there been any protests in regard to this issue as of yet?  I am still waiting to see if Braggs indicts Trump.  Can't figure out why the leak, and then no indictment. 

It will be interesting to see where this all goes.

What leak?? It was Trump who made  up the claim he would be indicted. He just threw it out there.

No, actually the report was leaked and reported first by  NBC.
            "March 17, 2023, 1:27 PM EDT
            By Jonathan Dienst
            Local, state and federal law enforcement and security agencies are preparing for the possibility that former President Donald Trump will be indicted as early as next week, according to FIVE SENIOR OFFICIALS  familiar with the preparations. "

"Law enforcement agencies are conducting preliminary security assessments, the officials said, and are discussing potential security plans in and around the Manhattan Criminal Court, at 100 Centre Street, in case Trump is charged in connection with an alleged hush money payment to Stormy Daniels and travels to New York to face any charges.

The officials stress that the interagency conversations and planning are precautionary in nature because no charges have been filed. "
            https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald … -rcna75493

Trump came out on March 18, Saturday with his statement.
            https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump- … 023-03-18/

Your comment is based on misinformation or perhaps your view.

Noting ever came from Bragg's office. Trump never cited a source.  He made it up so he could try and control the narrative.  He knew absolutely nothing and obviously he wasn't indicted Tuesday so it was all a bunch of speculative crap . Maybe  Trump shouldn't listen to unamed sources??

Yeah, and neither should have NBC left the propaganda network... I note you disregarded my sources, the facts, and the dates. Can't blame you because much of the media nowadays is unreliable. They lie to suit a narrative.  However, the dates speak loudly to dispel your original comment that there were no leaks, and that "Trump made it up"...

"COLTONLARSEN1975 WROTE:
                What leak?? It was Trump who made up the claim he would be indicted. He just threw it out there."

Not much more I can provide or am willing to. I proved my point with sources.

You do realize the State Of New York has a sitting Grand Jury at this point still in session on this issue? I would think if this AG does not come up with a charge he will look pretty dam stupid.
                https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/23/nyre … delay.html

3. Valeant profile image86
      Valeantposted 13 months ago

Apparently, some of the bomb threats are coming from Russian accounts.  Seems like the Russians are still working to protect their chosen one.
      https://www.law360.com/articles/1589920 … rump-probe

And we've got the first death threat report as someone mailed a letter to Bragg.  Not surprising with the targeting Trump has been doing on social media.
      https://www.newsweek.com/alvin-bragg-th … on-1790254

There seems to be a lot of domestic terrorism coming from those supporting Trump.  But those on the right here will continue to sweep the cause and effect under the rug.  Nothing to see for them.

It has been shown, I believe, that Russia made feeble attempts to affect the election by providing bad information.

Are you of the opinion that they have stopped, or do you believe (as I do) that they will never stop - that they will continue to manipulate our information (and our politics) at every opportunity?

Considering you always downplay what was actually done by the Russians, how to qualify the attempts will be something else we disagree on.  Of course the Russians will continue to manipulate our politics and the right will continue to deny that it is being done to help their side because it mirrors the type of government they truly wish existed in the United States.

But as I figured, not even an acknowledgement of the death threat.

As far as I know, Russia made a few posts on social media.  Hard to "downplay" that much further as a means to change an election.  It certainly doesn't come close to conducting a faux impeachment in an effort to do the same thing.

Yeah, I saw the reference to a death threat, but as it didn't come from Trump I figured you wouldn't care.  Unless you're blaming Trump for the actions of an unknown idiot?  Is he also to blame for the hundreds of actual murders in our country every day?

Right, 'as far as you know' because you have never actually read the report about what was done, saying falsely that it's just 'a few posts on social media' over and over again in these threads.

Trump has been running a negative and violent social media campaign for his followers against all the people investigating him for weeks now.  His language aims to dehumanize those people as a means of justification.  It is the same cause and effect we saw on January 6, when the FBI Office in Cincinnati was violently attacked directly after Trump attacked the FBI from his social media, when two of his supporters were arrested after planning to attack the Philadelphia vote counting center that Trump had been complaining about in the media, and when one of his most ardent supporters mailed pipe bombs to all the people Trump had been railing about in the media. 

How many examples of Trump supporters attacking people directly after Trump attacks them on social media does it take before you see a pattern?  For many at this site, the answer is never because they always find a way to excuse the most obvious and damaging conduct by their side.  Even if it is a clear example of inciting domestic terrorism.  They are no longer rational.

Trump is going in heavy and hard with the Soros links against Bragg.  This line of attack is an antisemitic dog whistle reference to conspiracy theories that wealthy Jews are secretly trying to buy elections. THIS Is how anti semitism takes root and spreads.  Not even sure there is  evidence that George Soros has donated to Bragg. Even if he did, so what?  How about the billions that flow to rightwingers from the Koch network?  ALL politicians have wealthy donors. 
                Republicans aren't even trying to hide the whole international Jewish bankers, anti-Semitic trope anymore.  But Trump really went in for a racist two-fer didn't he?  Depicting the black prosecuter as an animal backed by the leader of a Jewish cabal.  Sickening. This is what we've come to expect from Trump. Blatant appeals to white supremacists

Then what DID Russia do?  Did they modify the counting machines?  I mean, we know Russians gave a fake and false report to Democrats to use in the election, but what else?

But I see, I think.  Someone else did something wrong, so it is Trump's fault...because he told them to "march peacefully".  Got it - all you have to do is change the meaning of his words and he is at fault.

I mean maybe you've heard of the hack of the Democratic National Committee and the subsequent release of materials that happened right after any negative media coverage Trump got.  Last I knew, hacking someone's computer was illegal, but that didn't stop Trump from encouraging the Russians on public television from doing it.  Nor did it stop the Russians from releasing materials pertaining to down ballot races as well. 

And no, it wasn't 'a few posts.'  470 fake Facebook accounts were created, where just six of them had content shared at least 340 million times.  And those figures do not even count the ones at Reddit, Tumblr, Pinterest, Vine, Medium, Google+, Instagram, and YouTube.

Deny the ugly rhetoric from Trump against his opposition and the subsequent attacks by his supporters on those same people.  Denial of hard truths is something the right is great at.  The country is used to the right living in alternate realities.  It's why their hard-right candidates keep getting their butt's kicked in national elections.

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
                    Kathleen Cochranposted 13 months agoin reply to this

" The country is used to the right living in alternate realities."
                    Valeant: What I've observed in 50 years of watching this country's political scene is that republicans have been so wrong about so much for so long, their biggest fear is that someone else might actually be right about anything. So they rail against them. It's why the issues that the majority of American agree on can't move forward.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)